X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Freedom Kilts website Scotweb websiten Burnetts and Struth website The Scottish Trading Company
Xmarks advertising information Celtic Croft website Xmarks advertising information Celtic Corner website Xmarks advertising information

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question ISO leads for County Derry tartan fabric and/or kilt in POLYESTER

Second daughter is being married. Her future FIL would love to wear an Irish Kilt (he's a McElhinney). As I understand it, many of the McElhinney families come from County Derry. I've found the tartan for him and he likes it. I might consider making it up for him, but the caveat is that he's dealing with cancer treatments and wool is NOT an option for him, so I'm on the hunt for polyester or poly/viscose. Does anyone have any leads for me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe this might work

We have a member in our band who is highly allegoric to wool.. so we ended up lining the kilt with a double barrier of poly and silk.. it made the kilt a bit heavy but no issues for the past 4 seasons.. Congrats on the wedding and hope he kicks the cancers *** !!!

Jimmy <new guy>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CyanMoonStars View Post
    Second daughter is being married. Her future FIL would love to wear an Irish Kilt (he's a McElhinney). As I understand it, many of the McElhinney families come from County Derry. I've found the tartan for him and he likes it. I might consider making it up for him, but the caveat is that he's dealing with cancer treatments and wool is NOT an option for him, so I'm on the hunt for polyester or poly/viscose. Does anyone have any leads for me?
    Hi there: I'd absolutely recommend polyviscose -- I know Marton Mills makes them but don't know if they weave it for Derry. I believe the House of Edgar has a lot of the Irish county tartans.