X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Freedom Kilts website Scotweb websiten Burnetts and Struth website The Scottish Trading Company
Xmarks advertising information Celtic Croft website Xmarks advertising information Celtic Corner website Xmarks advertising information

User Tag List

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Father Bill View Post
    It seems quite legitimate to me to measure people's ability to use good judgement when you're selecting them for good judgement. Not so much when you're there to care for them, but this is a selection process we're discussing.
    Bill,

I wasn't commenting on the thread as a whole but the comment to which I refer appeared to be a general outlook on life and, as I said, a person will think what they will but I just couldn't let that one slide without expressing my disappointment that a person will judge another simply by how they're dressed.

Jonathan

P.S. I agree with Steve's assessment earlier that this thread has seen its usefulness.

2. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to jthk For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jthk View Post
    That seems quite harsh: that you would think less of a person because of how they dress. Ultimately, you think and feel how you do ... but I couldn't let that comment go without adding my own.

Jonathan
    Jonathan, I agree pulled out of my larger statement that line sounds harsh. I don't think that those who know me in the real world would describe me as harsh or judgmental. I certainly don't think less of a working man because he is in working man's clothes. What I respond negatively to is people who seem to show little regard for others in how they speak or dress or even invite negative emotions in their choices. If you choose to dress in a way that shows you don't care what anyone thinks of you or in a way that invites controversy don't be surprised if the reaction of others is negative. After over 6 decades in this world I don't look for confrontation or opportunities to chastise others but, as you point out, I do have a right to form an opinion of you based on how you choose to present yourself.

I to am done with this discussion.

4. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to Singlemalt For This Useful Post:

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789