X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Matt! I'll have another look, and I'll probably have some questions. The Wallace jacket looks like it would be perfect, actually...I don't know how I missed that style browsing the website. I'll have to think about the waistcoat, straight cut vs pointed, but I definitely like the lapels on HRH's and PM Gordon Walker's waistcoats. What's the lead time on this sort of stuff, if I'm sending measurements and other requests?

Icarus, I hear you on the heat and distraction...the jacket is more to complete the kit. Last year was a dress shirt by itself...not sure if I could do more, in the heat, without looking like I'd had a bucket of water thrown at me!

I posted this pic in its own thread elsewhere, but here it is again...new sporran.

I hope I can dress better than I can photograph. At any rate, it should look great with some tweed on top.
    Last edited by wildrover; 24th May 10 at 02:05 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alexis Malcolm has a good price on the charcoal tweed Crail jacket/waistcoat set, with epaulettes (if you can wear an off-the-rack size):

http://www.alexismalcolmkilts.com/1523.html
    Brian

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~ Benjamin Franklin

INACTIVE

Contributing Tartan Historian
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wildrover View Post
    Thanks Matt! I'll have another look, and I'll probably have some questions. The Wallace jacket looks like it would be perfect, actually...I don't know how I missed that style browsing the website. I'll have to think about the waistcoat, straight cut vs pointed, but I definitely like the lapels on HRH's and PM Gordon Walker's waistcoats. What's the lead time on this sort of stuff, if I'm sending measurements and other requests?
    The Wallace jackets are all custom made, and so you should allow about 8 to 12 weeks for delivery. (I thought that was stated on the web site, but looking over it now it seems I neglected to put an average delivery time on there... must correct that!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M. A. C. Newsome View Post
    The Wallace jackets are all custom made, and so you should allow about 8 to 12 weeks for delivery. (I thought that was stated on the web site, but looking over it now it seems I neglected to put an average delivery time on there... must correct that!)
    No worries, I figured it would be a while for anything made-to-measure from overseas.

None of this is "need" items at the moment, and I can always get a cheap vest somewhere...as for the jacket and vest I want, that can wait until I get the sheets back from this season's boards . If I do well, there will be some Harris Tweed in my future .

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234