X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The best boot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The best boot

Good morning all,

I don't know about anyone else, but for me it's nearly impossible to find an off the rack boot or shoe that fits, I mean really fits whitout weeks of pain while the boot stretchs into the shape of my foot and depending on who made the boot I wear something between a 13 EEE and a 14 EEEEE.

Until I found out about West Coast Shoe Company, http://www.westcoastshoe.com/wesco .

Yours for the asking is a custom fit form, you fill that out and mail it to them with a one time fee of $30.00 to cover thier cost and any time after that when you order boots from them they have your size on file and custom make a pair of boots or shoes that fit your foot like a glove.

Like all good thing, they're on the pricey side & it take about 22 weeks (something to take your mind off that kilt your waiting for) from the time you place the order until you're wearing them.

If your like me and going barefoot counts as a halloween costume, they are well worth the cost and the wait.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The best boot

Good morning all,

I don't know about anyone else, but for me it's nearly impossible to find an off the rack boot or shoe that fits, I mean really fits whitout weeks of pain while the boot stretchs into the shape of my foot and depending on who made the boot I wear something between a 13 EEE and a 14 EEEEE.

Until I found out about West Coast Shoe Company, http://www.westcoastshoe.com/wesco .

Yours for the asking is a custom fit form, you fill that out and mail it to them with a one time fee of $30.00 to cover thier cost and any time after that when you order boots from them they have your size on file and custom make a pair of boots or shoes that fit your foot like a glove.

Like all good thing, they're on the pricey side & it take about 22 weeks (something to take your mind off that kilt your waiting for) from the time you place the order until you're wearing them.

If your like me and going barefoot counts as a halloween costume, they are well worth the cost and the wait.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The best boot

Good morning all,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I, too, have been looking at these boots, But for the opposite reason. I have narrow feet.

The cost of bringing them into Canada goes beyond what I am willing to pay, at this time.

I have also been looking at Dayton Boots. This is a Canadian company out of Vancouver, and a favourite of Bear's, but I have not had any of their boots, to wear with a kilt, grab me yet.

Casey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I, too, have been looking at these boots, But for the opposite reason. I have narrow feet.

The cost of bringing them into Canada goes beyond what I am willing to pay, at this time.

I have also been looking at Dayton Boots. This is a Canadian company out of Vancouver, and a favourite of Bear's, but I have not had any of their boots, to wear with a kilt, grab me yet.

Casey

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Casey

Mr. Kilt is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a pair of boots I found at Payless last week. They don't stock anything for "odd" sized feet unfortunately, but I take a 9-wide and these were the best ones I found. They look great with my kilt, too. Cost was only $39.95 Cdn.

Mr. Kilt is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a pair of boots I found at Payless last week. They don't stock anything for "odd" sized feet unfortunately, but I take a 9-wide and these were the best ones I found. They look great with my kilt, too. Cost was only $39.95 Cdn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey

Casey
    One of the higher ups at Dayton (Vince Hemmingson) started the kilts night craze and still organizes our kilt nights here. Very good boots. the quality lives up to their reputation. There is a link on Bear's page, check them out.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast