X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Freedom Kilts website Scotweb websiten Burnetts and Struth website The Scottish Trading Company
Xmarks advertising information Celtic Croft website Xmarks advertising information Celtic Corner website Xmarks advertising information

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just ordered a Mackie Balmoral

I just ordered a Robert Mackie Balmoral bonnet in Fawn. I was also strongly considering Lovat Green but Fawn seemed to be the better choice for me. I also ordered a clan crest cap badge for it but I'm also going to order an X Marks cap badge at some point.
    Clans: Armstrong and Guthrie on Father's side.
    Other heritage: Mostly German and some Polish on Mother's side.
    Kilts: One five-yard semi-traditional in Armstrong Ancient 13oz from Lochcarron

2. The Following 4 Users say 'Aye' to imbrius For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll love the Mackie Balmoral. Robert Mackie makes some of the very best Highland headwear available.
    My Clans: Guthrie, Sinclair, Sutherland, MacRae, McCain-Maclachlan, MacGregor-Petrie, Johnstone, Hamilton, Boyd, MacDonald-Alexander, Patterson, Thompson. Welsh:Edwards, Williams, Jones. Paternal line: Brandenburg/Prussia.
    Proud member: SCV/Mech Cav, MOSB. Camp Commander Ft. Heiman #1834 SCV Camp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also bought a Mackie Balmoral and I really like it. I confess I did ask them to make it with a black toorie instead of a red one, and they obliged. I am tempted to buy another one in green.

(I did spend quite a bit of time on this forum trying to figure out how to retie the ribbons, but I was eventually successful.)