X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Freedom Kilts website Scotweb websiten Burnetts and Struth website The Scottish Trading Company
MacGregor and MacDuff Xmarks advertising information Celtic Croft website Xmarks advertising information Celtic Corner website

User Tag List

Thread: Unique Kilt Pin

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unique Kilt Pin

Just bought a lovely and unique kilt pin from Ashling Aine on Etsy, and thought I'd share. It's excellent quality, solid and substantial, and it looks really great on the kilt.

Craig Jones
    ---
    Those best prepared to benefit from freedom of action, speech, and expression are those who understand that just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice pin, I like the contemporary take on a traditional theme.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is a lovely pin, well done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lovely pin! I checked out their page. I really liked the tree of life pin, but alas it is huge!! It ends up covering half the thigh! I am looking for a unique kilt pin for my next kilt, and I gotta say, I really like this trinity one for the symbolism and the Irish connection.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like having a pin that is not the traditional claymore & clan badge. This one appealed to me also because the MacPhail clan badge features a stag.

On size, note that the image they have of the pin on a kilt is waaaaay out of proportion. A very bad image manipulation. They list the size of the pins, and while they are a bit wider than normal, the length is standard.

The knot/antlers pin I have is heavy, and top-heavy, and the pin mechanism sits pretty tall from the back. When I first attached it was a bit 'floppy' for lack of a better term. To make it sit flat and still, I gently bent the antlers back so that the tips were even with the height of the pin mechanism. This steadies it against the kilt.

Craig Jones
    ---
    Those best prepared to benefit from freedom of action, speech, and expression are those who understand that just because you can doesn't mean you should.

6. The Following 4 Users say 'Aye' to Creag For This Useful Post: