X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Freedom Kilts website Scotweb websiten Burnetts and Struth website The Scottish Trading Company
Xmarks advertising information Celtic Croft website Xmarks advertising information Celtic Corner website Xmarks advertising information

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EdinSteve View Post
    It appears that this Hollywood star has a Scottish mother and has been celebrating Christmas in his kilt. Now isn't there another well known American with a Scottish mother? But I don't think he wears a kilt does he? - https://www.thenational.scot/news/17...-at-christmas/ .
    It's cool that David Duchovny wears a kilt on occasion. He looks quite smashing in it.

I think it would be cool if our "other well known American with a Scottish mother" did as well. Then, on the other hand, maybe not so much. He would just end up looking like a very wealthy American businessman turned national leader showing off. The sight of him in kilt might not be so great. He might very likely stick out like a sore thumb unless everyone else wore on as well. Let's face it, he sticks out like a sore thumb no matter how is is dressed. Perhaps he should go about wearing his typical business suit. His sons, now, that is a different issue altogether. They would look smashing!

2. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Iowish For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Profane James View Post
    Oh! My Goodness! It was going fine until he sat down. It appears that he needed a little more experience with kilt wearing than he had. A particular "Santa Claus" is a member of the same clan society as I am. He was wearing his Claus tartan at a games and I was sitting across from him in the tent one day. He was sitting forward on his chair. He had the apron of his kilt down far enough it covered everything that was sitting on the chair. However, what he wanted to cover with the apron of his kilt was hanging off the chair. It wasn't exactly the usual view one has of Santa Claus. It didn't take me long to look a different direction.

Inverness-shire, Scotland & British Columbia, Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iowish, you are treading very close to our line on Politics in your Post #11. I strongly advise you to (re)read our rules of conduct and re: your post #12 you may better have thought to look away, not regarded, and certainly not to have commented. The apron sloppiness happens and the viewing follows, naturally: for those who are new to kilt-wearing, it's the comment that counts and its your interest that must be forgiven or passed over.

Last edited by ThistleDown; 3rd January 19 at 01:22 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThistleDown View Post
    Iowish, you are treading very close to our line on Politics in your Post #11. I strongly advise you to (re)read our rules of conduct and re: your post #12 you may better have thought to look away, not regarded, and certainly not to have commented. The apron sloppiness happens and the viewing follows, naturally: for those who are new to kilt-wearing, it's the comment that counts and its your interest that must be forgiven or passed over.

ThistleDown,

#11 I carefully watched what I wrote to keep to the topic where another wondered how a certain person would look wearing a kilt. I avoided any mention of the verboten subject of politics. If you read any politics in what I said, it was your reading.

#12 The subject of Duchovny's wearing of the kilt on the tv show. Suggestions were made that he was inexperienced in wearing a kilt, not aware of the problem, or that it was an intentional "humorous" gag. (Poor taste - not humorous.) The other person to whom I was referring was, by no means, new to wearing kilts. He thought that letting the apron hang loosely he would be covered. (I was not saying that he was being unkempt or sloppy in using his apron in this way.) He totally unaware that it was not. I was a bit embarrassed for him and I quickly looked away. I took a bit of a look around for his wife. Had she been in the vicinity, I would have taken a little walk with her and told her so that she could mention it to him as she felt appropriate. She wasn't around. My point was that gaffes of this nature can even happen to experienced kilt wearers.

By the way, I am new to X Marks the Scot this week. My comments are under moderation. Had the moderator found my posts to be, in any way, inappropriate, he would have not approved them.

6. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Iowish For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Iowish,
    We are a fairly relaxed group here, though we appreciate the "rules" to keep things on topic and focussed on the kilt.

You are new, its ok. I had to find the comfort zone also. Incidentally, you might by now have noted ThistleDown is a moderator.

and, welcome to the forum!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On the TV clip, as they say, the difference between publicity and stupidity is that publicity has its limits!
    Regards, Sav.

"The Sun Never Sets on X-Marks!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12