X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Freedom Kilts website Scotweb websiten Burnetts and Struth website The Scottish Trading Company
Xmarks advertising information Celtic Croft website Xmarks advertising information Celtic Corner website Xmarks advertising information

User Tag List

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jock Scot View Post
    What else did he expect? however, yet another reason----one more of quite a few---- why I don't wear the kilt outwith Scotland.
    Bearing in mind that terrorists tend to be of a certain Middle Eastern religion, you'd think a bit of common sense could be used?
    Gweld Dim Ond Y Gwir

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Father Bill View Post
    I'm mildly perplexed here. Of course I'd leave the sghian at home and I'd not wear a kilt pin (it could go in checked luggage) but then the entire sporran is as easy to run through the x-ray as any lady's purse which leaves only the buckles to consider.

If the airlines can't handle buckles with a wand, patdown, or private search, they have bigger problems with their planning than with their "planing".

To me, it's not so much a disgrace as a stupidity.
    Pay peanuts, get monkeys.
    Gweld Dim Ond Y Gwir

3. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Mel1721L For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel1721L View Post
    Bearing in mind that terrorists tend to be of a certain Middle Eastern religion, you'd think a bit of common sense could be used?
    Caution - Rules 5 & 2 in play here, besides which your statement is demonstrably untrue. A bit of racism in play here? Racial profiling?
    Rev'd Father Bill White: Retired Parish Priest & Elementary Headmaster, lover of God, people (most of them!) dogs, joy, humour & clarity. Legion Padre, theologian, teacher, philosopher, linguist, dreamer, traditionalist, bon-vivant, encourager of hearts & souls & a firm believer in dignity, decency, & duty. A proud Sinclair.

5. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Father Bill For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ryanair

Unfortunately when I visit home, I have to go with Ryanair, this means walking up the steps to board. I'd be more concerned about the wind blowing than going through security, which in the past I've managed even with a kilt pin and Sgian Brew, which a use when travelling.
    Gweld Dim Ond Y Gwir

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Caution - Rules 5 & 2 in play here, besides which your statement is demonstrably untrue. A bit of racism in play here? Racial profiling?
    Just stating the obvious from a European perspective. I don't subscribe to Cultural Marxism either, never have, never will. I'm sorry if I broke a forum rule, but how can people talk freely?
    Gweld Dim Ond Y Gwir

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just stating the obvious from a European perspective. I don't subscribe to Cultural Marxism either, never have, never will. I'm sorry if I broke a forum rule, but how can people talk freely?
    You can talk freely and politely; just follow the rules. If you want to be argumentative, that's Rule 2. This is not a forum for the discussion of political opinion.

I note that although I gave a warning, other members if offended, could still flag the posts.

Please read the rules again and think it through before proceeding.
    Rev'd Father Bill White: Retired Parish Priest & Elementary Headmaster, lover of God, people (most of them!) dogs, joy, humour & clarity. Legion Padre, theologian, teacher, philosopher, linguist, dreamer, traditionalist, bon-vivant, encourager of hearts & souls & a firm believer in dignity, decency, & duty. A proud Sinclair.

9. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Father Bill For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can talk freely and politely; just follow the rules. If you want to be argumentative, that's Rule 2. This is not a forum for the discussion of political opinion.

I note that although I gave a warning, other members if offended, could still flag the posts.

Please read the rules again and think it through before proceeding.

I've thought, I value feedom of speech and the right to debate. I'd forgotten how PC this site was, therefore I'll leave.
    Gweld Dim Ond Y Gwir

11. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Mel1721L For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've thought, I value feedom of speech and the right to debate. I'd forgotten how PC this site was, therefore I'll leave.
    You're welcome to come or go as you please. Frankly I'm sorry if you do leave when I try to keep you from getting your hands slapped. I don't think we're "Politically Correct", just polite and thoughtful.

13. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Father Bill For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're welcome to come or go as you please. Frankly I'm sorry if you do leave when I try to keep you from getting your hands slapped. I don't think we're "Politically Correct", just polite and thoughtful.
    I've been unable to find a way of closing my account, but I'm a man with strong convictions and opinions. I'm bound to get into trouble and cause offense. You are PC, I don't like the way racist and racism are bandied about at every opportunity. I find that offensive. I find the whole PC thing offensive as it's being used to destroy our society.
    Gweld Dim Ond Y Gwir

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find that my biggest challenge when travelling via aircraft is the transition between airport and aircraft if I have to walk outside. The blustery winds are desperate to put my kilt up! I have solved this problem by taking my jacket or jumper (with a full zip) and tying the arms in a knot where my belt buckled would be and letting the jacket simply hang from my hips down. That often keeps the back of the kilt down and my sporran keeps the front down. So far, so good!

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast