X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Freedom Kilts website Scotweb websiten Burnetts and Struth website The Scottish Trading Company
MacGregor and MacDuff Xmarks advertising information Celtic Croft website Xmarks advertising information Celtic Corner website

User Tag List

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Terry Dresbach is leaving 'Outlander'

Link to article: http://ew.com/tv/2018/07/16/outlande...tume-designer/

Terry Dresbach, the costume designer for the Starz television series Outlander, is leaving the show. Some of you will recall that she is a member here at XMTS and joined in our conversations a few years ago about the kilts and costumes (and the pirate boots, LOL). She is citing health issues and a desire to spend more time with family. I would like to personally wish her the best and thank her for her time, both on the show and here on the forum.
    Last edited by Tobus; 16th July 18 at 02:34 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems to me with the series now shifted in location to the New World and time having passed, a change in what is seen on the screen is inevitable. That Terry has been having health challenges and wishes to be more with family, I completely understand. To walk the line of historical accuracy and presenting an interesting (on the screen) costuming has got to be an all-encompassing job. My applause for her work and hopes for the best in her future endeavors.

JMB

3. The Following 5 Users say 'Aye' to Blupiper For This Useful Post: