X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watch the Edinburgh Marathon this year.

See me running in my kilt.

Member - X Marks Honor Roll
    Former House Chairman/Forum Advocate

Reston, Virginia, USA (Suburban Washington, DC)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it going to be broadcast on BBC America? I actually would like to watch it.
    Dee

Ferret ad astra virtus

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is the date of the Edinburgh Marathon this year and will it be on television? Best of luck - Twenty six and a quarter miles is a long way - I ran the Edinburgh marathon in 1999 but won't be doing it again - the Great North Run at half the distance is far enough for me to run in my kilt.
    Regional Director for Scotland for Clan Cunningham International, and a Scottish Armiger.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good luck to you. I am hoping to do a 1/2 marathon later this year kilted and have just done a couple of longer road races and a trail race that was great fun but the whole idea of the marathon is quite daunting. Would love to see some pictures after the race. Again best of luck to you. and apply Bodyglide liberally.

The downland village of Storrington, West Sussex, United Kingdom (50º 55' 15.42"N 0º 26' 13.44"W)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope you did well - and that the weather wasn't too hot (it was in the mid 80's F down here in Sussex yesterday). Much credit to you - I cannot run even as far as to the bottom of my garden!!

I understood the Edinburgh Marathon was to have been shown, at least in part, on Channel 4 TV but it most certainly was not even mentioned in the programme listing magazines for the weekend down here. Perhaps Scotland has a different Channel 4!!
    [B][I][U]No. of Kilts[/U][/I][/B][I]:[/I] 102.[I] [B]"[U][B]Title[/B]"[/U][/B][/I]: Lord Hamish Bicknell, Laird of Lochaber / [B][U][I]Life Member:[/I][/U][/B] The Scottish Tartans Authority / [B][U][I]Life Member:[/I][/U][/B] The Royal Scottish Country Dance Society / [U][I][B]Member:[/B][/I][/U] The Ardbeg Committee / [I][B][U]My NEW Photo Album[/U]: [/B][/I][COLOR=purple]Sadly, and with great regret, it seems my extensive and comprehensive album may now have been lost forever![/COLOR]/