X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wildcat Tartan-what's going to Wildcat Haven and what's going on, anyway?

All the tartan has been distributed and every bill has been paid. Barring any last minute panic calls from Run #1 order-ers -highly unlikely at this point- the Scottish Wildcat Tartan Project...Run #1 will be sending a check to Wildcat Haven for $2471.79 (actually, the equivalent in pounds, assuming I can get the bank to do it!).

Note: this is emphatically not a solicitation of funds towards any cause, just an informational post for those who might be interested.

Word from the Wildcat Haven people is that they are receiving significant interest, even in Scotland, about the tartan. They will have booths at a number of events, including highland games in the north-west of Scotland this summer. I will be sending them a swatch, and hopefully Paul Henry can also send along a good sized piece for display.

The photo shoot for the press release is scheduled for the weekend of May 23-24. I will share a few photos of the tartan and the comely lass who'll be modeling it, after that weekend.... the shots that don't make it into the press release. I also have a contact from a freelance reporter who claims to be writing a piece for the Guardian and the Edinburgh Evening News and the Sunday Post. Fingers crossed that this comes off!

Kilts are getting made, I know that Tartan Hiker has a kinguisse kilt coming together on his table!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Excellent news! It's a great feeling to see something like this come together so well, I hope to look back at the first run of this tartan years from now
    "Everything is within walking distance if you've got the time"

3. The Following User Says 'Aye' to GrainReaper For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent work Alan and Glen! Really was lovely to see the actual tartan at Ardenwood. Most pictures do not really capture the colors properly, so perhaps the professional shots will come close to doing this wonderful tartan justice.

Clan Mackintosh North America / Clan Chattan Association
    Cormack, McIntosh, Gow, Finlayson, Farquar, Waters, Swanson, Ross, Oag, Gilbert, Munro, Turnbough,
    McElroy, McCoy, Mackay, Henderson, Ivester, Castles, Copeland, MacQueen, McCumber, Matheson, Burns,
    Wilson, Campbell, Bartlett, Munro - a few of the ancestral names, mainly from the North-east of Scotland

5. The Following User Says 'Aye' to California Highlander For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOW! That is just Wonderful. Well done Alan and Glen.
    " Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the adherence of idle minds and minor tyrants". Field Marshal Lord Slim.

7. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Jock Scot For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wonderful news all around Alan, it really has been a pleasure to have been part of this journey.

9. The Following User Says 'Aye' to McMurdo For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan H View Post
    Note: this is emphatically not a solicitation of funds towards any cause, just an informational post for those who might be interested.
    Thanks to all that assisted this great project. I wish I had been able to do more when it started, but alas poverty prevented me. I appreciate the humble (but Critical) amount Alan lists as the donation to the Haven. I am able to now send a token (since my work income has increased) to round up the total to an even $2500.00. I will mail a check on behalf of the XMark rabble for the $28.21 to Wildcat Haven. I expect someone there will find a use for it, as the cats don't care much where they get their next meal as long as they get fed, housed, groomed, etc. They are still cats after all.

11. The Following 3 Users say 'Aye' to Tarheel For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's wonderful, Tarheel!

HOWEVER, I want to make PERFECTLY CLEAR that this thread is not, emphatically NOT an appeal for donations towards any cause. I want to make that absolutely crystal-clear. I'd hate for the thread to get pulled because some folks got that impression. If someone gets the urge to donate to Wildcat Haven, then of course I'm thrilled, but let's keep any further conversation about that in PM's and out of this thread, eh? 'thanks!
    Last edited by Alan H; 1st May 15 at 11:11 AM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Understood Boss! PM is sent.