X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Atlanta Area Kilt Night

Ok, So I am kicking myself for missing the Burns Dinner in Conyers. So who would be up for a kilt night in mid Feb? Let's pick a date and a place and let the neighborhood beware of the rabble!

Mike
    "A veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it." anon

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds good to me. I'll try to be anywhere.

If no one else has a better place, I'll volunteer the Tavern again. I realize it's kin dof on the east side, but someone else will need to sing out. I've mentioned a couple of more centrally located places elsewhere in the 'mark.'
    Jim Killman
    Writer, Philosopher, Teacher of English and Math, Soldier of Fortune, Bon Vivant, Heart Transplant Recipient, Knight of St. Andrew (among other knighthoods)
    Freedom is not free, but the US Marine Corps will pay most of your share.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I seem to recall that you mentioned Fado's and the Crown and Rose in the Buckhead area.
    "A veteran, whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve, is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life." That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it." anon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been meaning to try Paddy's Irish Pub on the grounds of Chateau Elan in Braselton, I've just never gotten around to it.

http://www.chateauelanatlanta.com/dining/paddys-.html

Clinton, South Carolina (USA)-> Atlanta native
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cavscout View Post
    I've been meaning to try Paddy's Irish Pub on the grounds of Chateau Elan in Braselton, I've just never gotten around to it.

I've had some back when the Brit spring car day was up there (it has moved to Rome). The food was good. It may be a bit of a drive for some, but is more accessible for us Upstate, SC folks.

If it (the general gathering) coincides with one of my weekly trips to ATL, I'll stop by.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The loafing Leprechaun is another I've been curious about.

http://atlanta.celtic-twilight.com/p...haun/index.htm

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cavscout View Post

Paddy's is a pretty nice place if pretentious. I've been there at an off time when it was great, and then we stayed there once when the "yuppies" turned out after work, and it seemed to be kind of stodgy instead of quaint and celticy, if I may coin a word.

Fado's can be a little like that, too, but at least it's a real Iraish pub, and I like it better. The small shops in the Highlands might work better. And the bar in the Highland Tap is pretty open. Atleast, last time I was there it was.
    Jim Killman
    Writer, Philosopher, Teacher of English and Math, Soldier of Fortune, Bon Vivant, Heart Transplant Recipient, Knight of St. Andrew (among other knighthoods)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thescot View Post
    Paddy's is a pretty nice place if pretentious. I've been there at an off time when it was great, and then we stayed there once when the "yuppies" turned out after work, and it seemed to be kind of stodgy instead of quaint and celticy, if I may coin a word.
    I guess in the shadow of Chataeu Elan that isn't a surprise. That's too bad.

Fado's does look cool from their web site. Parts of it right out of Rob Roy

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, guys, I dont' really care where we go. If the crowd is not to our liking, we'll vote with our feet.

Splash, since you are setting this up, why don't you pick a place and name the time. We'll all do what we can. Snellville is close to me--about 15 minutes or so--so I don't really care. Just let us know if it's the kind of place where it's adviseable to be armed; don't want to get caught with our pants down.

Well, I don't guess that's likely to happen.

Disclaimer: the above is a joke, made in jest. It is not intended to suggest that kilted men should go armed . . . or not armed if that is one's preference. Nor is it intended to suggest that Splash frequents rough joints. In fact, it's not meant to offend anyone, anything, or any animal, regardless of age, sex, race, religion, or national origin or color blindness. You should probably just ignore it alltogether and not read it anyway.
    Jim Killman

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been to the loafing Leprechaun for lunch a couple of times. The food is good and it is a nice looking place.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast