X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ISO: 36-38.5 inch waist kilt - does not need to be in pristine condition

I've lost some weight and need to buy something that fits better. The good news for me is that I've shrunk some. The bad news is my kilts haven't.

I prefer a traditional wool kilt or possibly something cotton since I campfire cook and sparks can be an issue, so not looking for anything synthetic at the moment. (I'd consider a cotton utility kilt as a temporary fix, but not really looking that way.) I will wear it casually and that may include taking it camping, hiking, and wearing it while outdoor cooking. The likelihood that I'll dress up formally is nil, so a slight blemish or some slight wear is not a problem.

Because the weight loss may continue, hopefully, I'm holding off from ordering another new one for now. I consider this current need to be a transitional one so perfection is not an issue.

My waist measured above the belly button where I wear my kilts is 38.5 inches. My hope is that the next kilt will be able to adjust down to a 36 or 37 as i have some more weight to lose.

The hip/seat measurement is 43 inches.
    When I'm on my knees and being measured from waist where I will wear it to the floor, the number is 23.5 inches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PM inbound to you!

3. The Following User Says 'Aye' to HuDonald For This Useful Post: