X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Busted!!

Graham is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Busted!!

I was going to tell her about ordering another kilt, I truly was, but somehow it slipped my mind, I've been busy.

So what happens? she looks at the credit card statement an says "WHAT'S THIS....ANOTHER KILT? ARE YOU MAD?"

I suppose the easiest thing would have been to dribble at the mouth, look crosseyed and reply "yes I am".
    The best I could come out with was, 'Oh that...I got a special deal on that' (which is true, every kilt is a speacial deal).

Does anyone have a spare bed for a few nights?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yikes Graham. I can relate. You know it's a funny feeling when you're about to be busted by the Mrs. for (in my case at least) doing something stupid or letting something important slip your mind. "Oh honey, your sister's wedding was today? Really?" I can actually feel my wife stare through the back of my head before she even says anything. It's a palpable, physical sensation. I don't know how she does it. Do you think women are born with this ability, or is it some mysterious rite of passage and passed down from mother to daughter by the light of a full moon and a blood sacrifice or something or other?

And if ever you were in Pennsylvania, I've got a really comfy couch. I should know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Graham,

You are in a dog house that I have been in three times.... and will be in again, God willing. It's a happy place where I am warmed by the thoughts of a new kilt :P

Enjoy the anticipation....

Slainte,

Tobie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Graham,

You are more than welcome to come visit me. It would be great to have you come with me to the coffee shop and dance around with all of the ladies, but I do not want to cause any discord with you or the Mrs.
    Glen McGuire

A Life Lived in Fear, Is a Life Half Lived.

Graham is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Plastic Paddy
    Graham,

You are in a dog house that I have been in three times.... and will be in again, God willing. It's a happy place where I am warmed by the thoughts of a new kilt :P

Enjoy the anticipation....

Slainte,

Tobie
    Trouble is Tobie, we both have big dogs, will there be room?

Murphy, those women wield real power don't they? and they carry on about equal rights !!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Graham, my wife told me in no uncertain terms that I have enough kilts for awhile. I know I'll be in trouble soon enough too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Graham you poor old soul ...Of course you can come and stay.
    Maybe a support group would be a good idea...I Really know what your going through.I ordered my 2nd kilt not a couple of months after my first.( I explained it by saying..."I want an everyday kilt to wear often not just for best." At first it went well.Then the comment we may have heard before....."Your thinking of wearing the kilt everyday!!!!!!" Well a little more often I said febbely.

She looks like she truly loves you Graham......She'll forgive you .........In time
    All the Best.....David.
    Why be part of the crowd Choose a Freelander Sporran
    A Member of the Caledonian Society of Norway
    My Photo Gallery Flickr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

graham did you order a utilikilt?

graham did you order a utilikilt? which model did you get if you did order one?

thanks
    kilted in kc 8)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh! my word this is the utilitykilt forum........More non-tartan Graham....Now I understand your wife..
    All the Best.....David.
    Why be part of the crowd Choose a Freelander Sporran
    A Member of the Caledonian Society of Norway
    My Photo Gallery Flickr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Freelander, the strange thing is, is that both you and I have such pretty little wives that one might imagine the butter wouldn't melt in their mouths. Little does the world know that a thing of such beauty can suddenly turn into a powerful force against men who turn to wearing kilts late in life.

You'd think they would be accustomed to our peculiarities by now!

Yes a support group would be good "Bravehearts, with still braver wives"?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast