X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Freedom Kilts website Scotweb websiten Burnetts and Struth website The Scottish Trading Company
MacGregor and MacDuff Xmarks advertising information Celtic Croft website Xmarks advertising information Celtic Corner website

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rip stop nylon kilt....tried one yet?

So im just starting to dig into this whole kilt thing and discovered a "rip stop nylon" utility kilt....anyone have one? how does it wear? cooler?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nylon ripstop would make an absolutely awful kilt. I think one utility kilt maker claimed to use it, but they also didn't understand anything about their materials. Nylon/cotton ripstop, OTOH, is really fantastic stuff for this application.
    Last edited by ratspike; 6th August 18 at 07:24 PM.
    Cheers!
    Bob

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have seen the UT Kilts ripstop kilts. They are the same sort of ripstop material that military BDUs are made from. I assume that it is a cotton/nylon or cotton/polyester blend. The material feels lightweight, but tough. It seems like it would be good for warm climates or Summer wear if you are working in the heat. If I recall correctly, they were around $60. I think all of their kilts have a 23 inch drop, but you can have one made a different length for about 20 bucks extra. I hope that helps. I only touched one of these kilts, but didn't purchase one. I did buy their ultimate utility kilt and really like it for applications where I'm working outdoors or hanging around the house. I wish I could help you more with your question, but that is about the best I can do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the 5.11 Tactical Kilt, but that is a poly/cotton ripstop fabric. It's a great casual kilt, but it's a bit generously sized.