X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wrinkle Resistant PolyViscose

Drove home from Keams Canyon, Arizona today. That's on the Hopi Reservation. Took the back roads (varies back and forth between dirt and rough asphault) so it was slow going. Drove from Keams Canyon, over to Polacca, then up to Low Mountain, Whipporwill, Pinon, Forest lake, over Black Mesa past the coal mines, then down to Mesa View and up past Shonto and Inscription house to Kaibeto then on to Page. Just out of Kaibeto stopped to take this pic of Navajo Mountain.

That's the USA Kilts Casual Fraser after three hours of being sat on. The day was very hot and muggy - monsoon season. The drive was a LOT of bouncing on the dirt roads and bad roads of the rez...so the pleats got rearranged a lot as I bounced. Some field test!

Check them out...nary a wrinkle, fall right into place. Rocky sewed this kilt.

Ron
    Last edited by Riverkilt; 16th July 06 at 05:57 PM.
    Ol' Macdonald himself, a proud son of Skye and Cape Breton Island
    Lifetime Member STA. Two time winner of Utilikiltarian of the Month.
    "I'll have a kilt please, a nice hand sewn tartan, 16 ounce Strome. Oh, and a sporran on the side, with a strap please."

Southern Breeze is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice pic. Yet another reason to get a p.v kilt- extreme wrinkle resistance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To Stripe?

Hey Ron,

I didn't think about it before but did you get this kilt pleated to the white stripe?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow! That's a good testament to Rockys work and the quality of the material! Great pic!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rocky sewed this one up himself, if memory serves me. I just trusted him and it came out that way.

I have better luck trusting my kiltmakers than trying to tell them how I think it should be done...get the benefit of their expertise that way.

Can't tell what its pleated to....Rocky? You out there? I'm wearing it today too so can't twist my head back there to figure it out.

Ron
    Ol' Macdonald himself, a proud son of Skye and Cape Breton Island
    Lifetime Member STA. Two time winner of Utilikiltarian of the Month.
    "I'll have a kilt please, a nice hand sewn tartan, 16 ounce Strome. Oh, and a sporran on the side, with a strap please."

3389 Schuylkill Rd, Spring City, PA 19475
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's done to the white stripe... that's a tartan I can easily pleat either way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice. All this reading of USA Kilts has got me curious. I am thinking of nabbing one. Gotta do some searching still to hammer out other peoples' experience... I would almost say a casual, but I am not so sure on the velcro... then again, that might make for a very convenient closure system. With a belt over it, no one would ever know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I'll go to Rocky.
    Go, have fun, don't work at, make it fun! Kilt them, for they know not, what they wear. Where am I now?