X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welsh casual

Mel1721L is offline Registration terminated at the member's request
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welsh casual

I was thinking of getting a sport kilt but it was suggested I give you a go instead. I want a kilt for slopping around the house and walking the dogs in hot weather. Your casual kilts seem to fit the purpose but do you have Welsh plaids or Celtic Nations?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They list a tartan called Glyndwr - don't know anything about it, but that sounds Welsh to me.

3389 Schuylkill Rd, Spring City, PA 19475
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    We have the Glyndwr tartan (a Welsh universal one) and the Celtic Nations both available in our Casual model.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mel,

I ordered a 5 yard wool kilt in the "Celtic Nations." Hopefully only 6 more weeks to go before I get it. But I wanted to say, it is very nice looking according to the tartan list on USAKilts. That would be great for you. I did notice that the company also has one called "Prince of Wales," another universal tartan listed in the tartans for casual kilts; I would presume Welshish. Eventually, I want to get a Phillips of Wales tartan in the 5 or 8 yard wool kilt. My name is Phelps, and part of my ancestory is from Wales, so I want to get one some day. Unitl I will be happy with the Celtic Nations. But I am afraid that I will become addicted to kilts and begin collecting more and more. No one else here has ever done that, right?

Enjoy which ever one you get.

Tom
    "Life may have its problems, but it is the best thing they have come up with so far." Neil Simon, Last of the Red Hot Lovers, Act 3. "Ob la di, Ob la da. Life goes on. Braaa. La la how the life goes on." Beatles

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Breecher View Post
    They list a tartan called Glyndwr don't know anything about it, but that sounds Welsh to me.
    It's a bit dark and drab for my taste, but thanks for mentioning it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RockyR View Post
    We have the Glyndwr tartan (a Welsh universal one) and the Celtic Nations both available in our Casual model.
    Celtic Nations is nice, but I think I'll be looking at next year probably.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kiltedtom View Post
    Mel,

I ordered a 5 yard wool kilt in the "Celtic Nations." Hopefully only 6 more weeks to go before I get it. But I wanted to say, it is very nice looking according to the tartan list on USAKilts. That would be great for you. I did notice that the company also has one called "Prince of Wales," another universal tartan listed in the tartans for casual kilts; I would presume Welshish. Eventually, I want to get a Phillips of Wales tartan in the 5 or 8 yard wool kilt. My name is Phelps, and part of my ancestory is from Wales, so I want to get one some day. Unitl I will be happy with the Celtic Nations. But I am afraid that I will become addicted to kilts and begin collecting more and more. No one else here has ever done that, right?

Enjoy which ever one you get.

Tom
    I have a 5 yard Powell of Wales. It is really nice, the Welsh family tartan has only been around for 12 years. I hope they gain in popularity. I have a Prince of Wales casual, Teflon coated to wipe off the spilled beer. It is a really nice tartan. I got it off ebay for £145, it was better than I expected. I have 4 kilts so far but that is in under a year of wearing them. Don't forget to join our Welsh ancestry group if you haven't done so already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got the Celtic Nations in the Casual kilt from Rocky and I love it. While I doubt I would ever wear it for evening wear, it is great for what it is made for. Some friends warned me against the PV material saying that it wrinkles too easily, but I have not found that to be too much of an issue. It is pleated to the stripe which looks really good. I'll post some pictures when I get a chance. Cheers.
    Chaps
    U.S. Navy Chaplain and Presbyterian Clergyman
    You cannot antagonize and influence at the same time. John Knox

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaps View Post
    I got the Celtic Nations in the Casual kilt from Rocky and I love it. While I doubt I would ever wear it for evening wear, it is great for what it is made for. Some friends warned me against the PV material saying that it wrinkles too easily, but I have not found that to be too much of an issue. It is pleated to the stripe which looks really good. I'll post some pictures when I get a chance. Cheers.
    It's a dog walking, slop around kilt I'm after. I currently use a £38 Roving Celt kilt from Clanncelt but it looks pretty awful and although quite light it is 8 yards, so I'm thinking 5 yards of similar material but better fitting would be perfect. My Prince of Wales casual I use for shopping and going for a drink, the Powell of Wales casual for more special occasions. I have an 8 yard acrylic (I think) Spirit of Wales which is another Clanncelt but much better than the other effort. I'd like to see some pics. especially would like to see what it's like pleated to the stripe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not listed now, but I do have a semi-traditional kilt (P/V) from USA Kilts made in the St. David tartan. Perhaps this option will be available again later, when you're ready for yet another kilt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast