X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Kilt Shirt review

About one year ago, I ordered and received a Kilt Shirt from Freedom Kilts.
    First of all, I must praise the service. A first shirt was lost in the mail, and I was sent a new one free. This second one had the buttons of the wrong side (Steve assumed I was a woman, don't know why), so he made me pay only half the price.
    So, the shirt in itself. It fits me quite well and seems to be well made. The fabric is thicker and warmer than the one of any shirt I own. It's even too warm for some situations. But I assume it will last longer, won't it?
    As for every shirt I buy, the buttons are not sewn well enough. Before I noticed that, I lost two, and I had to sow again those that were getting loose. Finally, I decided to sow them all by myself, and I hope it will solve the problem. Of course, I had spare buttons delivered with the shirt.
    The long shirt meets its goal by preventing my nether region to touch the inside of my kilt. Although the shirt is not too tight anwhere around my body, I think it should be larger at the bottom, to give my thighs enough place to move. I don't close the last button (the first to have got lost, as a matter of fact). If I did, my kilt wouldn't fall between my legs as I sit, and I would feel the shirt as I stride.
    I will certainly buy another one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pictures! We need Pics!

Chris...
    Youth & Enthusiasm are no match for Age & Treachery

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ** Ok, I read the review a few more times, and I think I follow you. It's the buttons that fall off that still kind of bothers me. I'm leaving my original post below. **

As much as I love pictureless reviews, I am confused by this one. I think I'm missing something here between the buttons on the wrong side that fall off, the bottom being too tight, and that you would buy another one.

That being said, I do know that Freedom Kilts and The Wizard of BC are top knotch, and have exelent products.
    I tried to ask my inner curmudgeon before posting, but he sprayed me with the garden hose…
    Yes, I have squirrels in my brain…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Crocker View Post
    ** Ok, I read the review a few more times, and I think I follow you. It's the buttons that fall off that still kind of bothers me. I'm leaving my original post below. **

As much as I love pictureless reviews, I am confused by this one. I think I'm missing something here between the buttons on the wrong side that fall off, the bottom being too tight, and that you would buy another one.

That being said, I do know that Freedom Kilts and The Wizard of BC are top knotch, and have exelent products.
    J'aurais dû écrire en français, ç'aurait été plus clair...
    I'm sure Steve can put buttons on the right side...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand, and I apologize for coming across that way.
    I tried to ask my inner curmudgeon before posting, but he sprayed me with the garden hose…

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ted, You have to understand that Sylvain's shirt order was, through my own fault entirely, messed up from the get go.

The first shirt we made was lost somewhere in the Canada Post system. We have never found it.

Then I assumed that Sylvain was a girl's name as I have only met girls with that name.

Sylvain, I appoligize for thinking you were female and putting your buttons on the wrong side. I'm just a dumb Anglophile from south of the Mason-Dixon.

Thank you for the kind review. I know we don't deserve it.
    Steve Ashton
    www.freedomkilts.com
    Skype (webcam enabled) thewizardofbc
    I wear the kilt because:
    Swish + Swagger = Swoon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really do apologize to both of you for the way I came across. I think we all know now that it can be difficult to comunicate effectivly through written posts.

Hope it's all better now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wizard of BC View Post
    Ted, You have to understand that Sylvain's shirt order was, through my own fault entirely, messed up from the get go.

The first shirt we made was lost somewhere in the Canada Post system. We have never found it.

Then I assumed that Sylvain was a girl's name as I have only met girls with that name.

Sylvain, I appoligize for thinking you were female and putting your buttons on the wrong side. I'm just a dumb Anglophile from south of the Mason-Dixon.

Thank you for the kind review. I know we don't deserve it.
    You already paid one shirt and a half for your sins (and for the CPC's sins). Evebody makes mistakes, but bad service simply means the seller doesn't assume them.