X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: One down

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One down

Don't know if you folks know or care how difficult it is to be allowed to immigrate to the UK, but on Wednesday, I received my visa to settle there! I am so grateful as things are a bit challenging in my life. Now if I can survive the HUGE ordeal of moving...):

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know how much this means to you pesky and I'm really chuffed for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheers

Thanks great mate! These smilies are super hilarious when they come from you! That first one is me when we celebrate my survival with a fierce malt! I figure you are the second one...

I need to go to sleep and dream of pleasantly happy...(:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best of luck on a smooth transition!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gosh I did not know you were attempting to go through all that form filling and stuff. I am sure you have you have your own very good reasons for doing what you are doing and I wish you every success and well done with getting through the "hoops". If I may ask, what part of the UK are you planning to live?
    " Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the adherence of idle minds and minor tyrants". Field Marshal Lord Slim.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations!

I fully appreciate the hoops you have to go through - for some strange reason (most likely down to the sister of my wife's ex-husband), the Border Agency decided to try and kick Imi back to Sri Lanka. The forms and fights to get her Indefinite Leave visa had me wanting to do some quite physical things to them.

Hope you're transplantation is smooth and trouble free.
    Martin.
    AKA - The Scouter in a Kilt.
    Proud, but homesick, son of Skye.
    Member of the Clan MacLeod Society (Scotland)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done, Pesky! Good for you!
    Rev'd Father Bill White: Retired Parish Priest & Elementary Headmaster. Lover of God, dogs, most people, joy, tradition, humour & clarity. Legion Padre, theologian, teacher, philosopher, linguist, encourager of hearts & souls & a firm believer in dignity, decency, & duty. A proud Canadian Sinclair.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! I have to say that Immigrations is a serious situation especially for the UK. They may not be going at it all logically but something has to be done. Very intresting. There is public opinion and needs, politicians and then there are the facts! (: It is quite a gamble. Of course you first lay down the 1400+fee which goes up every six months. (:

I am interested in all of Britain and realise that there aren't great distances anywhere there but I am, right now, interested in from Nottingham north including Derbyshire, South, West and North Yorkshire. See how flexible I am!

I'm going to stock up on natural stress relieving pills. Oh sure, I'm living proof that what doesn't kill me makes me stronger but I am TIRED! I also don't fancy aging ten years over night...):

I might just have to have a kilting do of some kind to kick off things right!
    Any suggestions?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Congrats and keep us posted, friend. You are sure to have a fascinating journey.
    "The fun of a kilt is to walk, not to sit"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First of all congratulations on winning your way through the system.
    You must come along to Harpenden gathering next year and introduce yourself to some of the other xmarkers of the British Isles.
    Immigration here is unrestricted from the European Community countries and there have been a great many economic migrants come to Scotland and England in recent times. It appears we have more coming in from the former Soviet bloc countries of Eastern Europe than we have of our own moving out to the warmer climates of Spain, Portugal and France. Since the government can do nothing about migrants from within Europe they appear to be making it much harder now for immigrants from non EU countries. Of course it works the same way in reverse, I would find it very difficult nowadays if not impossible to immigrate from Scotland to Canada or USA.
    Regional Director for Scotland for Clan Cunningham International, and a Scottish Armiger.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast