X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Freedom Kilts website Scotweb websiten Burnetts and Struth website The Scottish Trading Company
Xmarks advertising information Celtic Croft website Xmarks advertising information Celtic Corner website Xmarks advertising information

User Tag List

Page 82 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As I'm feeling particularly poor, a wee (double) dram of Glenfiddich. An annual Christmas gift from my daughters. Both, sitting at the table with me. Both wondering if they should learn to embrace the creature. We ('She', myself, & 2 no longer tax deductions) are between casas, & staying with the in-laws. Need I say more.
    "I can draw a mouse with a pencil, but I can't draw a pencil with a mouse"

2. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Baeau For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Knob Creek single barrel cask strength (120 proof). It could use some water, frankly.

4. The Following User Says 'Aye' to RichardtheLarge For This Useful Post:

Terry Searl is offline This person has opted out of remaining active
    Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GlenMorangie Quinta Ruban and Laphroaig Brodir

I have more than 25 single malts in my whisky cupboard and for the most part at sometime each of them is my favourite, especially the Islay whiskies.... lately though my tastes have gone toward port cask finished whiskies and GlenMoragie's Quinta Ruban fits that bill and is lovely. Laphroaig has also offered a port cask finished expression and it is incredible, nothing like the usual age statement or quarter cask offerings. I was told that Laphroaig Brodir, is only sold in duty free shops at airports and as I was returning home from Scotland through Heathrow, that is where I purchased it

6. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to Terry Searl For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Searl View Post
    I have more than 25 single malts in my whisky cupboard and for the most part at sometime each of them is my favourite, especially the Islay whiskies.... lately though my tastes have gone toward port cask finished whiskies and GlenMoragie's Quinta Ruban fits that bill and is lovely. Laphroaig has also offered a port cask finished expression and it is incredible, nothing like the usual age statement or quarter cask offerings. I was told that Laphroaig Brodir, is only sold in duty free shops at airports and as I was returning home from Scotland through Heathrow, that is where I purchased it
    I really must try the Brodir the next time Iím abroad; I had Quinta Ruban for the first time earlier this year and I was floored by what the port cask finishing added to the flavor.

8. The Following User Says 'Aye' to RichardtheLarge For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cask stength

Quote Originally Posted by Father Bill View Post
    By the way, on the subject of Aberlour, be sure to try the Aberlour A'Bunadh. I absolutely love the stuff and have heard no negative comments from those few favoured individuals with whom I've shared a nip.
    That was the first cask strength whisky I ever had and I learned then that a wee drop of water, just a tear, really cuts the alcohol and opens up the flavours hidden beneath the alcohol "burn"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no disappointment

Quote Originally Posted by RichardtheLarge View Post
    I really must try the Brodir the next time Iím abroad; I had Quinta Ruban for the first time earlier this year and I was floored by what the port cask finishing added to the flavor.
    You will not be disappointed .......There is a great difference in TASTING whiskies , and DRINKING them......The first tasting I ever went to the presenter explained....I'm not here to teach you how to drink whisky, you already know how to do that. I am here to teach you how to TASTE whiskies....and he was absolutely right......
    in an evening that starts with tasting whiskies, if you don't spit (I can't bring myself to do that) after the first 3 offerings, you really stop tasting and start drinking.....but there is nothing wrong with that.
    After tasting a whisky you will know what to expect when you just want to DRINK whisky......never be afraid of adding a drop of water it really does cut the alcohol and open up all the flavours especially the subtle ones that come in the after taste

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A nice surprise from my wife today...a new bottle of Oban 14 year old. Enjoying my first sips even now.

12. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Tom Fiddles For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What exactly is a quaich, and how is it pronounced?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Highland Park 12

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Me cousin Jack View Post
    What exactly is a quaich, and how is it pronounced?
    From the immensely useful LearnGaelic.net, just plug it in...

https://learngaelic.scot/dictionary/index.jsp

and WHAT is it...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quaich

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	0 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	33572
    Last edited by Profane James; 25th March 18 at 06:02 AM.
    "We are all connected...to each other, biologically; to the earth, chemically; to the universe, atomically...and that makes me smile." - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Page 82 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast