X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Freedom Kilts website Scotweb websiten Burnetts and Struth website The Scottish Trading Company
Xmarks advertising information Celtic Croft website Xmarks advertising information Celtic Corner website Xmarks advertising information

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Northwest Arkansas Kilt Night

Anyone interested? Is there already a scheduled night?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MacNobody View Post
    Anyone interested? Is there already a scheduled night?
    Might check with the Scottish Society of NW Arkansas; they used to meet at the AQ Chicken House in Springdale, although I can't seem to find their information at the moment. You could try contacting the Ozark Highlanders Pipe Band and see if they know of any events:

http://ozarkhighlanders.org/

As an aside, the Highlanders will be hosting their annual Robert Burns Supper on 26 January 2013 at St. Paul's Episcopal Church, Fayetteville. I'll be giving the Immortal Memory that evening.

T.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried them, the website I found for the Scottish Society of NW Arkansas has not been updated since 2010, so I assumed they were no more. I will keep looking.

I have made contact with the Ozark Highlanders to ask about pipe instruction, and will see what I can find out.

As long as I am not at drill that weekend (USMC Reserve) I would like to attend the Robert Burns Supper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MacNobody View Post
    I tried them, the website I found for the Scottish Society of NW Arkansas has not been updated since 2010, so I assumed they were no more. I will keep looking.

I have made contact with the Ozark Highlanders to ask about pipe instruction, and will see what I can find out.

As long as I am not at drill that weekend (USMC Reserve) I would like to attend the Robert Burns Supper.
    Contact Harriett with the Ozark Highlanders; I believe the NW AR Scots still play some role in the "Fayettepatch" Burns Night.

T.