X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Need Help Finding A Pattern/Tartan

Hi everyone!

I am new so if this is posted in the wrong part of the forum I apologize. I need some help finding a certain pattern/tartan. I've been looking for many hours, without much luck. If anyone could please help me find this or something very similar to it I'd be very grateful!

Pictures:

Any ideas? Thanks a lot!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to go out on a limb here (don't pelt me with tomatos) and guess that it's a generic fashion tartan rather than a specific tartan. It could also be a school/university tartan.

More info, please?

Don't forget to introduce yourself in the "newbie" section.

Last edited by TheOfficialBren; 3rd April 13 at 05:02 PM.
    The Official [BREN]

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While not quite exact, thread for thread, this is very close to Stewart Gray.

It is very possible as Bren said that this is a school specific Tartan. It is possible that it is not registered.
    Steve Ashton
    www.freedomkilts.com
    Skype (webcam enabled) thewizardofbc
    I wear the kilt because:
    Swish + Swagger = Swoon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOfficialBren View Post
    I'm going to go out on a limb here (don't pelt me with tomatos) and guess that it's a generic fashion tartan rather than a specific tartan. It could also be a school/university tartan.

More info, please?

Don't forget to introduce yourself in the "newbie" section.

Thanks for the welcome, Bren! Haha, I won't pelt you. I'm willing to bet you are right. In fact I think there is a chance that it could have been made for the show in specific. I'm not positive though. It doesn't need to be the exact tartan if it's not possible to find, but at the very least I need to find something that will have similar pattern and colors. I really love the look of that one.

Sorry about the lack of information in my first post. Those reference pictures are from a Japanese television show called Nobuta wo Produce. Also, those reference pictures are the high school uniforms you see in the show. The show was aired late in the year 2005. The story takes place in Tokyo and I believe the actual show was filmed there as well.

So besides the possible place of origin, that the pattern was pre-2006 and made for school uniforms for a television show... I wonder if there is anything I might be able to tell you about it that would help.

Quote Originally Posted by The Wizard of BC View Post
    While not quite exact, thread for thread, this is very close to Stewart Gray.

It is very possible as Bren said that this is a school specific Tartan. It is possible that it is not registered.
    Thanks for your reply and help, The Wizard of BC! I did come across a Stewart Gray tartan after I was waiting for my post to be approved. I think it looks similar a bit too, except most of the ones I am coming across have a lot of blue in them and are not close enough to the colors I need.

If anyone else has anything they could suggest/add, please do! Thanks.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    from Chicago. I don't recognize the tartan.
    Animo non astutia