X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Freedom Kilts website Scotweb websiten Burnetts and Struth website The Scottish Trading Company
Xmarks advertising information Celtic Croft website Xmarks advertising information Celtic Corner website Xmarks advertising information

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go for it! And share too!
    I know Rocky has one on his site that I have played with a few times, its free.
    My vote is for a more intricate pattern. Otherwise you would just have another simple check, with colors someone else has probably already done.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by KnittedReenactor View Post
    Go for it! And share too!
    Indeed! This will be an interesting exercise.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boy, you guys are an inspiring lot. Had a bit of time today (I know... rare) and got onto Scotsweb to see what I could come up with using only two colours but a more complex pattern.

I decided to go with something a bit uncommon for the colours. I chose muted orange and light gray. Itís not as complex as I could have gone but I also wanted something that would be reasonably aesthetically pleasing (at least to my eye).

So hereís what I came up with.

Duos habet et bene pendentes!

To my eye, the peacock -- the male peacock, has escaped his cage, and I don't think anyone's going to be able to corral him or get him back into the cage of conformity. He's on his own now, and he's flying high!
    - Bill Cunningam (NY Times photographer)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My gut reaction to the second image you posted was, "durable, and if this were a shirt, I'd grab it first for a chilly day and expect it survive my rigorous lifestyle."

5. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Tarheel For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel View Post
    My gut reaction to the second image you posted was, "durable, and if this were a shirt, I'd grab it first for a chilly day and expect it survive my rigorous lifestyle."
    Lol! True... true... itís actually quite challenging working with just two colours.
    Duos habet et bene pendentes!

To my eye, the peacock -- the male peacock, has escaped his cage, and I don't think anyone's going to be able to corral him or get him back into the cage of conformity. He's on his own now, and he's flying high!
    - Bill Cunningam (NY Times photographer)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12