X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fraser Hunting casual on the way

I gave the go ahead for Rocky to order the cloth from the mill late July. I'm expecting murphy's law to kick in and the mill have to go sheer a PV Sheep dye the PV, weave it... So I'm settled in for a delivery time of at earliest Septemberish.

What do you know, I get a call from Rocky last night that the kilt is boxed and ready to go out this AM. This is one of those rapid acceleration joneses. From 0 - holy smokes in 3 seconds.

That's about a 1 month turn around on a special order tartan kilt!

The Postman better be glad I'm at work when he delivers it next week cause I cannot be held responsible for what might happen.

Thanks Rocky and Kelly! Looking forward to this one. I'll finally have a chance to wash the Gordon Modern You made me a year ago

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sweet!! It's Christmas in August!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's FAST! Looks like you wont be jonesing for long now. Congrats on thre new kilt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOW! Very cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really want to see a typical, in-depth cavscout review of this one. I want to try a casual kilt myself. I know SWK economy and USAK casuals are apples and oranges, but if you have a SWK-C and can comment on the sims and diffs I think it would help a lot of fence-sitters drop off on either side. Congrats on the fast turn-around.
    Convener, Georgia Chapter, House of Gordon (Boss H.O.G.)

Where 4 Scotsmen gather there'll usually be a fifth.
    7/5 of the world's population have a difficult time with fractions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me just say Rocky and Kelly have done a great job on my Fraser Hunting kilt. The turn around was undeniably awesome. The lines are spot on perfect and construciton is solid. And I maybe imagining things but this PV feels thicker and heavier than the PV used in my Gordon Modern.

I got in so late last night that I didn't get to do more than strap it on for a minute to check the size.

First impressions of the tartan. This tartan looks awesome in direct sun light. The brown, and green are really great. The blue is really amazing in the weave. Indoors it looks almost purple (ie. thistle), a neat effect even though I'm not really a purple kind of guy. But outside the blue is really vibrant like the blue in the Saltire flag.

The other thing I noticed is that there are two belt loops on the outer apron instead of on each hip like my Gordon Modern. Is this a design change for some reason? I think I prefer them on the hip instead to maintain a clean front appearance. This is an easy fix I think though. Just cut them off and restitch just off the apron in line with the pattern before the pleats start tapering

I'll share a bit more after I finish the move this weekend.

Thanks again Rocky and Kelly! Way to deliver!
    Last edited by cavscout; 22nd August 06 at 01:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this could help

Quote Originally Posted by turpin
    I really want to see a typical, in-depth cavscout review of this one. I want to try a casual kilt myself. I know SWK economy and USAK casuals are apples and oranges, but if you have a SWK-C and can comment on the sims and diffs I think it would help a lot of fence-sitters drop off on either side. Congrats on the fast turn-around.
    Here are some opinions about that topic. http://www.xmarksthescot.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=18112

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kilted in kleaveland
    Here are some opinions about that topic. http://www.xmarksthescot.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=18112
    Thanks KiK. I'd forgotten about that one, and looking at it again was a big help.
    I
    Convener, Georgia Chapter, House of Gordon (Boss H.O.G.)

Where 4 Scotsmen gather there'll usually be a fifth.
    7/5 of the world's population have a difficult time with fractions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a couple pics of the Fraser Casual at work. The florescent lites don't do it justice. I'll try and get a few outside in the near future.

Apron
    Pleats (to the red stripe)

I'm lovin' this kilt. It must have a larger set than my Gordon Modern because I feel like it has more fabric in it. Lot's of breathing room

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been wearing my USA Hunting Stewart Casual a whole lot lately and loving it. That PV doesn't suck, eh? Nice material, great craftsmanship, looks good.

Wear it in good health.

Best

AA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast