X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really nice kilt and the tartan is awesome. Post pics when you wear it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I uploaded some photos of the Cavan kilt to my Kodak Gallery. Here's the link to the slideshow...just click the "Play" button near the top-right of the page to view the photos (or use the arrow buttons to go forward or back through the photos):

MacSimoin's kilt slideshows

Hope it works.
    Last edited by MacSimoin; 20th May 06 at 04:24 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks even better in use. Don't know how you feel about those belt loops, but I don't think anyone will notice - I certainly didn't until pointed out.

Looking through your gallery it struck me that everyone should wear kilts. But then, I thought, everyone would be wearing kilts.

Thank you,
    Scott Gilmore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love those Irish County tartans from the House of Edgar! Waiting until I have the cash and then I'm ordering one in the county Sligo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bangkok kilt
    Love those Irish County tartans from the House of Edgar! Waiting until I have the cash and then I'm ordering one in the county Sligo.
    I agree. I've been thinking of a County Down kilt, which is where my people (probably) came from.

I think it'd look smashing with a nice brown belt, sporran and shoes for day wear. Not that it wouldn't work as formal wear, but there are so few chances for me to get married these days ...

With all that orange it probably wouldn't be appropriate for St. Patrick's day wear, but then I have other kilts for that. Best not to stir up secterianism.

Thank you,
    Scott Gilmore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Gilmore
    ...With all that orange it probably wouldn't be appropriate for St. Patrick's day wear...
    IMHO, any of Edgar's Irish County kilts would be appropriate but, more importantly, wear whatever tartan you want to as long as you do so with pride and respect.

NewKilt is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a beautiful kilt, Jeff. You wear it very well. I've had an eye on a few of the Irish county tartans myself.

Darrell

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A fine looking kilt! I have nothing but great things to say about the quality and workmanship on my Laois from House of Edgar. That is a fantastic tartan.

As for the Down kilt, that is also a stunning tartan. Time to start shopping again! (Don't let the wife know I said that!)

KL

Southern Breeze is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Outstanding kilt! House of Edgar does outstanding work.

The downland village of Storrington, West Sussex, United Kingdom (50º 55' 15.42"N 0º 26' 13.44"W)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MacSimoin
    I uploaded some photos of the Cavan kilt to my Kodak Gallery. Here's the link to the slideshow...just click the "Play" button near the top-right of the page to view the photos (or use the arrow buttons to go forward or back through the photos):

MacSimoin's kilt slideshows

Hope it works.
    'Fraid it doesn't work for me! The slideshow doesn't start and your thumbnails won't enlarge!!! It's a shame because I really like the Irish tartans from HoE. Anyway, I could tell from the first photos that you have a gorgeous kilt there. Well chosen.
    [B][I][U]No. of Kilts[/U][/I][/B][I]:[/I] 102.[I] [B]"[U][B]Title[/B]"[/U][/B][/I]: Lord Hamish Bicknell, Laird of Lochaber / [B][U][I]Life Member:[/I][/U][/B] The Scottish Tartans Authority / [B][U][I]Life Member:[/I][/U][/B] The Royal Scottish Country Dance Society / [U][I][B]Member:[/B][/I][/U] The Ardbeg Committee / [I][B][U]My NEW Photo Album[/U]: [/B][/I][COLOR=purple]Sadly, and with great regret, it seems my extensive and comprehensive album may now have been lost forever![/COLOR]/

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast