X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scottish National

Another Christmas party, another kilt photo. Second in a series of three.

The picture isn't very good, so the blue and red stripes look purple. Trust me, they're distinct. The really dumb luck here is that the green exactly matches the piper hose I had Rocky send me a few weeks ago.

This one's from Fraser Borland. It's an okay kilt. Synthetic material (machine-washable), good weight, well constructed. The straps on the right hip are too close together. Overall, good kilt for the money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm kinda surprised, as I had you pegged as Captain Camo forever. Here you go blowing my mind, wearing tartans, and even ghillie brogues!

The kilt, and you, are looking pretty darn good. Perhaps a change of name to Not-So-Ugly Bear is in order.

Graham is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tartan looks great on you! very manly, and I love Scottish nat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    got a link to their wesite?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufus
    I'm kinda surprised, as I had you pegged as Captain Camo forever. Here you go blowing my mind, wearing tartans, and even ghillie brogues!
    Well, yeah, I've always liked the tartans. Once I found some lower-cost alternatives to the heirloom imports, I jumped on it. The brogues were more of an accident, though, as they came packaged with my Flower of Scotland. But I still like them very much.

Captain Camo, really? Two out of eighteen kilts in my wardrobe are camo. I guess camo really does get noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus
    The kilt, and you, are looking pretty darn good. Perhaps a change of name to Not-So-Ugly Bear is in order.
    Heh. "Ugly" refers to my temper, and in that repsect, the monicker is apt.

Quote Originally Posted by phil h
    got a link to their wesite?
    Their == Fraser Borland? They don't have a web site that I know of. The kilt came from eBay. Fraser Borland frequently, almost regularly, sell on eBay, alternating between Scottish National and Dress Gordon. I just checked; at the moment, they have no auctions up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy Schnikeys! You're not kidding about the match with those Gaelic Themes kilt hose!

I like standard kilt hose okay, BUT the Gaelic Themes "Pipers Hose" are SOOOO NICE and well worth the extra bucks!

Overall... the kilt, hose and shoes are a great look. I couldn't say anything otherwise or you might get "ugly".
    Arise. Kill. Eat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Carbomb
    I like standard kilt hose okay, BUT the Gaelic Themes "Pipers Hose" are SOOOO NICE and well worth the extra bucks!
    You don't know how right you are, especially on the night the photo was taken. The temperature was thirty degrees below freezing, and the extra-thick hose really did the trick. I was amazed at how well they kept out the cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Carbomb
    Overall... the kilt, hose and shoes are a great look. I couldn't say anything otherwise or you might get "ugly".
    [gulping cold tea, wiping face] Bring it on, man. [snarl]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great shot!

I am particularly fond of the green kilt hose, kind of gives a more fesitive appearance!
    Glen McGuire

A Life Lived in Fear, Is a Life Half Lived.