X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Martin S

Better late than never

Hamish beat me to it -- his smiling face popped up just as I was thinking it was time I showed mine, and the big welcome he received made me quite jealous!

Now I see there's another Martin on the list, so it really is time for me to sign on,(after lurking for a while).

Wild Bill, I enjoyed reading your enthusiastic account of the spread of kilt sales, but I think you may be just a wee bit too optimistic. The number of kilts sold does not correspond to the number of wearers, since a large proportion go to the same place -- Storrington !

Canuck, you are dancing in the wrong place; ALL the country dancers here have kilts and wear them (did you know the French had taken to SCD?).

I have not contributed anything recently either to Tom's or here, as there does not seem to be much to say about kilt-wearing -- no-one has attacked me in the street or even lifted my hem. I guess people around here are getting used to the idea that there's a weird Scot in their midst.

If you want to know any more, look at:
    http://perso.wanadoo.fr/scots.in.france/scd.htm

Martin,in Grenoble, France.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello there, Martin S....
    Nice to see your miniker pop up here. You'll find the discussions here lively and "on topic". Hope you find this group as engaging as I do. We look forward to your posts.

blu

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, It's always nice to see new people joining

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to xmarksthescot Martin, I managed to beat you to it too (by a few days)and registered as Martin, a name I couldn't use at Tom's original board as it was already taken. I had to settle for 'mart', an abbreviation I don't particularly care for but got stuck with. Incidentally, I am also a Martin S.
    It seems most of the kilt wearers from Tom's are gradually migrating to this board, leaving those with more exotic tastes to their own devices.
    bienvenu.

Graham is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello martin, glad to have you join. My wife and I took up SDC last year, we really enjoy it, what a way to spend a great evening listening to good music, dancing with pretty lassies, getting plenty of exercise and all in a kilt! No better combination!

Hope you enjoy the board.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope you enjoy this forum. Welcome from North Carolina, USA.
    I’ve been interested in learning Scottish Country Dance.
    I’m hoping to take in one of the classes they have at the
    highland games near here in the summer.
    Nelson
    "Every man dies. Not every man really lives"
    Braveheart

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Martin (S)

It's good to see you here - I've always enjoyed your posts. It is interesting to see how kilts are doing on the continent.

The downland village of Storrington, West Sussex, United Kingdom (50º 55' 15.42"N 0º 26' 13.44"W)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Better late than never

Quote Originally Posted by Martin S
    Hamish beat me to it -- his smiling face popped up just as I was thinking it was time I showed mine, and the big welcome he received made me quite jealous!

One receives in this life, Martin, only what is due to one!!!!

Now I see there's another Martin on the list, so it really is time for me to sign on,(after lurking for a while).

Wild Bill, I enjoyed reading your enthusiastic account of the spread of kilt sales, but I think you may be just a wee bit too optimistic. The number of kilts sold does not correspond to the number of wearers, since a large proportion go to the same place -- Storrington !

If only that were true, Martin! It is a fact, however, that I currently have two new kilts on order - alas, not from Utilikilts this time. These are from "TFCK" in Edinburgh and "The Highland Store" in London.

Canuck, you are dancing in the wrong place; ALL the country dancers here have kilts and wear them (did you know the French had taken to SCD?).

Hmmmn. I pondered that one too. I cannot imagine anything more uncomfortable than SCD in trousers, although I might well have done this myself years ago, when roped in to make up numbers unexpectedly!

I have not contributed anything recently either to Tom's or here, as there does not seem to be much to say about kilt-wearing -- no-one has attacked me in the street or even lifted my hem. I guess people around here are getting used to the idea that there's a weird Scot in their midst.

If you want to know any more, look at:
    http://perso.wanadoo.fr/scots.in.france/scd.htm

Martin,in Grenoble, France.

Martin, do not get too upset by the title awarded to you here. I experienced the same sensation of shock and disbelief when I logged in about ten days ago! Already I am a "Kilted Member", but I guess you and I are going to have to wait to be treated with the respect we have been accustomed to elsewhere!

Oh! I'm sorry! WELCOME, by the way.....

Take care,
    Ham.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish
    Martin, do not get too upset by the title awarded to you here. I experienced the same sensation of shock and disbelief when I logged in about ten days ago! Already I am a "Kilted Member", but I guess you and I are going to have to wait to be treated with the respect we have been accustomed to elsewhere!

Oh! I'm sorry! WELCOME, by the way.....

Take care,

Ham.
    Ah, fame can be fleeting, er....what was your name again? Oh yes..as I was saying, Hannibal, fame is fleeting and after a while folk forget who you are and what all the fuss was about in the first place.

Welcome, Martin S. I think you'll find the site to your liking and have lots to contribute.

Al'

The downland village of Storrington, West Sussex, United Kingdom (50º 55' 15.42"N 0º 26' 13.44"W)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, fame can be fleeting, er....what was your name again? Oh yes..as I was saying, Hannibal, fame is fleeting and after a while folk forget who you are and what all the fuss was about in the first place.

Don't you believe it, Al. You ain't seen nothin' yet!

Welcome, Martin S. I think you'll find the site to your liking and have lots to contribute.

Al'

Take care,
    Hannibal
    - Pssst! Anyone want to buy an elephant?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast