X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    3389 Schuylkill Rd, Spring City, PA 19475
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

A Dramatic Journey

It has been a very dramatic journey for me to get from trousers to kilts as I am sure it has for many of you.

It is quite a dramatic change in clothing style for most of us that comes later in life making it even more of a dramatic radical change.

To be at the point I am now with my wife accepting and helping me select the shirts etc. to wear with it has been even more dramatic for her. So if my posts seem like a "drama fest" to some here it is an indication of the journey that this very romantic person and his wife have been through. I don't mean romantic in the sense of wife relationship but that is there too, but in my Dramatic and Romantic view of life, living and the world and the relationship with my friends.

You Kilted Knights in sharp pleats and armored sporrans have helped me get to this point. Now. This morning in a couple of hours, my wife and I are off together to the Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains, for our 31st anniversary. We will be gone for almost a week, I will be wearing my Kilt everyday but Friday PM, Saturday Sunday AM (rats!) Oh well got to wash it ----- Guess I better buy a few more! Then back up to the mountains for a couple more days and to a Kilt museum and store in the Smoky mountains.

Many thanks also to Michael Butler of AmeriKilts for altering my kilt to fit properly and getting it back to me in time!

See you gents when I get back. This is shaping up to be the best anniversary trip with my wife that we have ever had. -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JohnAllen,

Congratulations on 31 years, what an awesome occasion!

I have noticed that you do have a loving and supportive wife. What a great blessing.

Another blessing is the fact that you are a kilted gentleman, and spreading the word about kilts, which has really brought us all together.

Wear the kilt proudly whilst on your trip, and remember to have a good time!
    Glen McGuire

A Life Lived in Fear, Is a Life Half Lived.

Graham is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice to see you hear again John, I thought you'd dropped off the planet

Have a great anniversary, 31 years !!! wow, well done, these days that deserves the nations highest award!

Enjoy the freedom of being kilted! See you when you return (with LOTS of stories!!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JohnAllen,

Congratulations on 31 years in a loving marriage. I'll have 30 clocked come this February. Seems like only yesterday......

In the short time I've kilted, when i don a kilt, the wife fusses over the pleats, adjusts the sporran, makes me turn around and then nods approval indicating I can walk outside.

btw, I'll be in Gatlinburg this Saturday. I'm sure if I see another kilt swinging, it will be you! Not that I'd interupt your anniversay bliss, but I hope we run across each other!

and which Kilt store are you talking about? Celtic Heritage? If so, this past spring the Mrs & I ordered new wedding bands bearing the Celtic Warriors Shield from them. They are made in Ireland. Very Cool! They are also carrying the USA Tartan.

Best Regards,

Ambrose

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been Married only 10 years so my wife and I have a little way to go yet!

Have a really nice time on your trip to the mountains Johnallen.

They're no doubt as big as your love for each other.

Oh yes ....and Behave
    All the Best.....David.
    Why be part of the crowd Choose a Freelander Sporran
    A Member of the Caledonian Society of Norway
    My Photo Gallery Flickr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John, Congrats on the 31 years and may there be many more. Have a great trip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations, John & Mrs. John! 31 years is indeed a milestone in a world where I see many younger couples bailing out after not even a year. Marriage is not a 100% commitment, but a 110% X 2 commitment. Enjoy your anniversary, you two deserve it!

Larry
    "A chef is someone creative enough to call the same soup a different name every day"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're like me on my last aniversary, you're probably looking over your shoulder and wondering where the heck the years went. You realize of course that you've now been married longer than you were a single guy. Any grandkids yet? Hey.... congratulations and have a great trip!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Congratulations JohnAllen, I hope you and your missus have a great trip. Long term relationships seem to be in the minority these days, cogratulations to both of you for being the exception.

Jamie
    Quondo Omni Flunkus Moritati

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gee i thought we were doing well with comming up to 10 years. Congrats and enjoy your trip. Andrew

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast