X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Freedom Kilts website Scotweb websiten Burnetts and Struth website The Scottish Trading Company
Xmarks advertising information Xmarks advertising information Celtic Croft website Xmarks advertising information Xmarks advertising information

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hoggs of Fife sale

Sorry if this happens too often, but Hoggs have a couple of items on sale at great prices.

I have just purchase these for under £35, which in my opinion is an incredible price for a good quality shoe. Sorry about the picture size, it was a quick cut and paste. There are a few different styles with major price drops that may make it worth your time to browse the handmade shoes and boots section. I'll give an update on how I find them when they arrive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a quick look but Hoggs say they donít deal direct with the public. Are these shoes being sold by a local retailer?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EdinSteve View Post
    I had a quick look but Hoggs say they don’t deal direct with the public. Are these shoes being sold by a local retailer?
    I think you may have gone onto the wrong website, I did it as well on my first foray, the website you need is below and is retail

www.fifecountry.co.uk
    Last edited by Nomad; 30th November 18 at 04:52 AM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EdinSteve View Post
    I had a quick look but Hoggs say they donít deal direct with the public. Are these shoes being sold by a local retailer?
    From long( and very recent) personal experience of this company, they do indeed deal very efficiently with the public.
    " Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the adherence of idle minds and minor tyrants". Field Marshal Lord Slim.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the link something to keep in mind.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I think you may have gone onto the wrong website, I did it as well on my first foray, the website you need is below and is retail

www.fifecountry.co.uk
    When I go to that link, I can't find any shoes of the style you showed in the first post, nor anything in that price range. Is there a special sales page that I'm not seeing or something?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Tobus;1368249]When I go to that link, I can't find any shoes of the style you showed in the first post, nor anything in that price range. Is there a special sales page that I'm not seeing or something?[/QUOTE

Sorry, clearly my browsing history allows me to log into the special page without me knowing. Please try the one below:

www.fifecountry.co.uk/cornx

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. I'm seeing sale items now. But I still don't see the semi-brogue that was in your first post. I wonder if this sale changes every day or something?

They've got a nice deal on a tweed flat cap. What a shame - I just ordered one last week from someone else (for non-kilted wear, I feel compelled to say) at a much higher price. Curses!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm afraid they seem to have sold out, I did panic and wonder if it was a mistake, but as the Galloway shoes are still up there (bit clumpy for my tastes) I guess they just sold out which is a shame.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I'm afraid they seem to have sold out, I did panic and wonder if it was a mistake, but as the Galloway shoes are still up there (bit clumpy for my tastes) I guess they just sold out which is a shame.
    It looks like the Glencarse brogue boots are still available. Not cheap, but £100 off.

https://www.fifecountry.co.uk/footwe...glencarse-3506

Clan Mackintosh North America / Clan Chattan Association
    Cormack, McIntosh, Gow, Finlayson, Farquar, Waters, Swanson, Ross, Oag, Gilbert, Munro, Turnbough,
    McElroy, McCoy, Mackay, Henderson, Ivester, Castles, Copeland, MacQueen, McCumber, Matheson, Burns,
    Wilson, Campbell, Bartlett, Munro - a few of the ancestral names, mainly from the North-east of Scotland