Kilt photo gallery
To Xmarkers everywhere:
As many of you know, my actual being here at Xmarksthescot.com has been a life changing event; sounds silly, I know, but it was here that I met Matt Newsome and it was Matt who spearheaded the way to help make the Fitzsimmons tartan a reality. Without Matt (and a few others like macsim) that may have never happened...More importantly, without Hank I would have never met Matt. So, to both of them I owe my deepest gratitude.
But, it wasn’t just the likes of Hank, Matt and macsim that made me stick around for the past year or so. There are lots of other Xmarkers I truly enjoy the company of (and hearing from) here, and getting to meet Rocky and Kelly from USA Kilts has been a blessing...funny enough, there’s even a few of you that I will probably never figure out (just teasing) but I digress.
So, as my way of giving back and saying “Thank You” to this wonderful web community, I’ve re-installed my Coppermine Photo Gallery on my domain and am now offering it up to all of you, FOC (free of charge):
The Kilted Photo Gallery
Feel free to visit the site and have a look around. For those of you interested, read more about the site below:
Three final but important notes:
- Registered users can upload photos and create individual albums. Have a look at my own photos to see what I mean.
- Visitors will not have to register to view the photos unless a photo album has been made ‘private’ by the owner (registered user) of that album.
- All visitors will have the ability to rate uploaded photos, much like other photo galleries on the web. You can even see which photos get the most hits.
- Registered users can also send an “e-card” of a photo to a friend.
- Registered users also have control over their photo album visibility; you can either allow everybody (suggested), registered users only or you can limit visibility to yourself (only suggested during extensive photo or album editing).
- Don’t like the way your photo looks? You can even crop and rotate an uploaded photo but I recommend you do this with your image editing software before uploading.
- Don’t like the way your album turned out or did you change your mind about people seeing those wrinkled pleats? No worries...delete the album or photo and start over.
- Want to see Hamish Bucknell in all his glory? You’ve come to the wrong place...he hasn’t uploaded any photos yet. Hint, hint.
- Looking for a photo of a specific tartan or kilt or a particular user’s photos? Just click the ‘Search’ link (right side menu) to find what you’re looking for.
- Looking for a kilt-related site? There are 4 link categories containing more than 70 links (total) for you to choose from, so start surfin’.
- A bit unsure of how this site is going to work? Please read the FAQ page.
- Curious about how to upload photos? Read the Upload Guidelines at the top of the Upload page...it’s fairly easy to do. If I can do it, anyone can.
- Power-hungry? Check out the User Control Panel and proudly display your kilted photos to the masses.
1. Do not attempt to contact (PM) me here at Xmarks about The Kilted Photo Gallery...that's not what this site is for. If you run into a problem using my site, use the Contact Admin link (on the right-side menu of my site) to let me know and I’ll attempt to fix it as soon as possible.
2. I strongly urge you to read the FAQ and Upload Guidelines; they’re straight forward and easy enough to understand. In the meantime, if you encounter any problems, refer to the previous note.
3. If you want to post a link here at Xmarks in Hank’s “Show us your pics” sub-forum, simply follow these instructions (you don’t even need to be logged in to link to your photos):
Well, that’s all, folks. Have a look around and enjoy the site. I put it together primarily for all of you guys (and gals) here at Xmarks, but anyone kilted is welcome.
- On the home page, click on “Kilted User Galleries” and on the next page, find the thumbnail that’s associated with your photo gallery and click on it.
- On the next page, copy and paste the URL that appears in the address bar of your web browser and then post it in the pics forum here.
I hope you like it, and I hope you share your love of kilts on my site as you have here at Xmarksthescot.com. Thank you.
P.S. Phil: Thanks for helping test the site. Let’s see some more pics!
Last edited by cajunscot; 9th June 06 at 06:40 PM.