X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Freedom Kilts website Scotweb websiten Burnetts and Struth website The Scottish Trading Company
Xmarks advertising information Celtic Croft website Xmarks advertising information Celtic Corner website Xmarks advertising information

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kilted Again!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kilted Again!

It's been about 2 years since I last wore a kilt. I put on so much weight, I went from a 40 inch to a 52 inch waist. After getting arthritis in my knee and being told to loose weight by my doctor, I am down to 43 inches, I can now get back into a kilt and today was the first day of wearing it again. I am still dieting though and aiming for 38 or there abouts.
    Gweld Dim Ond Y Gwir

2. The Following 9 Users say 'Aye' to Mel1721L For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel1721L View Post
    It's been about 2 years since I last wore a kilt. I put on so much weight, I went from a 40 inch to a 52 inch waist. After getting arthritis in my knee and being told to loose weight by my doctor, I am down to 43 inches, I can now get back into a kilt and today was the first day of wearing it again. I am still dieting though and aiming for 38 or there abouts.
    Guid an ye! Extra pounds are never helpful to health or kilts.
    Rev'd Father Bill White: Retired Parish Priest & Elementary Headmaster, lover of God, people (most of them!) dogs, joy, humour & clarity. Legion Padre, theologian, teacher, philosopher, linguist, dreamer, traditionalist, bon-vivant, encourager of hearts & souls & a firm believer in dignity, decency, & duty. A proud Sinclair.

4. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to Father Bill For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My waist went up to over 40” and my blood pressure went up accordingly. I dropped weight from over 15 stone to 11 and a half stone and my blood pressure went back to a normal level as a result. Now I have a 34” waist and can bend forward without feeling I have a pillow strapped to my waist. The only downside is two kilts which now fall off me. I never realised how everywhere got fat, even my feet where shoes I couldn’t wear for years now fit again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Father Bill View Post
    Guid an ye! Extra pounds are never helpful to health or kilts.
    That's a fact.
    Gweld Dim Ond Y Gwir

7. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Mel1721L For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EdinSteve View Post
    My waist went up to over 40” and my blood pressure went up accordingly. I dropped weight from over 15 stone to 11 and a half stone and my blood pressure went back to a normal level as a result. Now I have a 34” waist and can bend forward without feeling I have a pillow strapped to my waist. The only downside is two kilts which now fall off me. I never realised how everywhere got fat, even my feet where shoes I couldn’t wear for years now fit again.
    Yes, fingers too, I can get rings on I haven't been able to for ages. I know what you mean about bending forward, or even just sitting down. Add the embarrasement of not being able to do up the lap belt on an aircraft passenger seat and having to have an extension. Mind you, timing is bad, I should have aimed for summer.
    Gweld Dim Ond Y Gwir

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done Mel. Lose only as much weight as needed for good health. Kilted again is nice reward.

10. The Following User Says 'Aye' to Tarheel For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarheel View Post
    Well done Mel. Lose only as much weight as needed for good health. Kilted again is nice reward.
    Thanks, I'm getting there, must be good for the blood pressure too.
    Gweld Dim Ond Y Gwir

12. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to Mel1721L For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great! Been doing the losing thing too. Feel SO MUCH BETTER! Have a fridge magnet that says, "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels."

Only downside is having to sell off my kilts that are too big now...hint hint hint if you're looking for a bargain on quality kilts check the For Sale forum.

As much as not fitting into my kilts hurts the joy of feeling healthier again is still worth it. Got an interim kilt from Rocky...gonna wait to stabilize on my goal weight before ordering new kilts.
    Ol' Macdonald himself, a proud son of Skye and Cape Breton Island
    Lifetime Member STA. Two time winner of Utilikiltarian of the Month.
    "I'll have a kilt please, a nice hand sewn tartan, 16 ounce Strome. Oh, and a sporran on the side, with a strap please."

14. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to Riverkilt For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverkilt View Post
    Great! Been doing the losing thing too. Feel SO MUCH BETTER! Have a fridge magnet that says, "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels."

Only downside is having to sell off my kilts that are too big now...hint hint hint if you're looking for a bargain on quality kilts check the For Sale forum.

As much as not fitting into my kilts hurts the joy of feeling healthier again is still worth it. Got an interim kilt from Rocky...gonna wait to stabilize on my goal weight before ordering new kilts.
    It's good to know I'm not alone in this. Is it possible to get your existing kilts altered?
    Gweld Dim Ond Y Gwir

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel1721L View Post
    Yes, fingers too, I can get rings on I haven't been able to for ages. I know what you mean about bending forward, or even just sitting down. Add the embarrasement of not being able to do up the lap belt on an aircraft passenger seat and having to have an extension. Mind you, timing is bad, I should have aimed for summer.
    How right about the aircraft seat belt. I was getting near the limit there too. The ultimate humiliation was my grandaughter poking me in the stomach and asking if there was a baby in there! The ultimate embarrassment!
    Last edited by EdinSteve; 23rd December 18 at 11:42 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast