X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pics of actual Black Watch kilts?

I've been reading online some of the things that set the Black Watch kilts apart from standard kilts, such as "rounded pleats" and that they were worn pretty high, almost into the ribs. I'm having a hard time pulling up high resolution pictures of this.

Kilt #4 is going to be a Black Watch and I'd like it to appear externally more like the genuine article at least in terms of the "style" of it (i.e. get the pleats to look right, wear it at the right height, etc). If anyone is sitting on some nice hi-res pics that depict these details, that would be great.

I know the styles probably changed a lot over the HRH years of service, so if I had to nail down a specific year I would have to say sometime during WW2 would be best but I would be happy to try to respect the style and tradition of other Black Watch kilts through the years of service.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been reading online some of the things that set the Black Watch kilts apart from standard kilts, such as "rounded pleats" and that they were worn pretty high, almost into the ribs. I'm having a hard time pulling up high resolution pictures of this.

Kilt #4 is going to be a Black Watch and I'd like it to appear externally more like the genuine article at least in terms of the "style" of it (i.e. get the pleats to look right, wear it at the right height, etc). If anyone is sitting on some nice hi-res pics that depict these details, that would be great.

I know the styles probably changed a lot over the HRH years of service, so if I had to nail down a specific year I would have to say sometime during WW2 would be best but I would be happy to try to respect the style and tradition of other Black Watch kilts through the years of service.

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks

Miah is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there is a company that does a reproduction Black Watch kilt
    High wast and 22oz wool and all. I am thinking Phil H posted a link but maybe it was somebody else. I recall they work like a surplus store or something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    High wast and 22oz wool and all. I am thinking Phil H posted a link but maybe it was somebody else. I recall they work like a surplus store or something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dreadbelly is offline Membership Revoked for repeated rule violations.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://whatpriceglory.com/scot.htm

No problem, glad I could help a brother out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast