X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Freedom Kilts website Scotweb websiten Burnetts and Struth website The Scottish Trading Company
Xmarks advertising information Celtic Croft website Xmarks advertising information Celtic Corner website Xmarks advertising information

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As Promised, Couple photos of my new Jacket and Waistcoat.

First wish to thank Tim at the House of Labhran for assisting me and making triple sure the measurements are correct and the tailoring of the jacket and waistcoat was exactly what would be the best for me. I appreciate his eye for details. OK a couple of months ago I posted a jacket and vest I was considering, and the advice of the membership made me shift gears, and as usual they were correct. I was going to purchase something that was a little too formal and not what was needed for what I wanted. So, I changed, and I am so glad I did. Several wanted me to post what I go, received it yesterday, please note, I just put the kilt on to show how the jacket and waistcoat matched, I have no sporran or other accessories as I just wanted to see the fit. The fit is perfect, I am so happy with the jacket and the waistcoat. The color is exactly what I was looking for. I hope you like it as well as I... here are the photos as promised.

Thank all for your advice, comments and guiding me along.
    Allan Collin MacDonald III
    Grandfather - Clan Donald, MacDonald (Clanranald) /MacBride, Antigonish, NS, 1791
    Grandmother - Clan Chisholm of Strathglass, West River, Antigonish, 1803
    Scottish Roots: Knoidart, Inverness, Scotland, then to Antigonish, Nova Scotia, Canada.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice look. I've always been partial to the gauntlet cuff and the lapel waistcoat, so you're checking a lot of boxes there.

JMB

3. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to Blupiper For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Superb color and cut!

5. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to Tarheel For This Useful Post:

Terry Searl is offline This person has opted out of remaining active
    Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

out of the Park

Quote Originally Posted by CollinMacD View Post
    First wish to thank Tim at the House of Labhran for assisting me and making triple sure the measurements are correct and the tailoring of the jacket and waistcoat was exactly what would be the best for me. I appreciate his eye for details. OK a couple of months ago I posted a jacket and vest I was considering, and the advice of the membership made me shift gears, and as usual they were correct. I was going to purchase something that was a little too formal and not what was needed for what I wanted. So, I changed, and I am so glad I did. Several wanted me to post what I go, received it yesterday, please note, I just put the kilt on to show how the jacket and waistcoat matched, I have no sporran or other accessories as I just wanted to see the fit. The fit is perfect, I am so happy with the jacket and the waistcoat. The color is exactly what I was looking for. I hope you like it as well as I... here are the photos as promised.

Thank all for your advice, comments and guiding me along.
    By Golly, Ya've hit that right outta the park. The colour and fit is Beautiful and it goes so well with your tartan.......you'll have it for the rest of your life to admire...... and rightly so ........well done!!

7. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to Terry Searl For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very nice like the cut and the fit.

9. The Following User Says 'Aye' to mckilty For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers to yourself and the maker! Looking good!
    "We are all connected...to each other, biologically; to the earth, chemically; to the universe, atomically...and that makes me smile." - Neil deGrasse Tyson

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those are fantastic!

I love everything about them, the lapels on the waistcoat, the style of the cuffs and pocket flaps, the buttons.

Now my brain has this way of filling in the missing bits (maybe everybody does that) but my mind's eye sees a specific sporran on top of that kilt... I'll try to find a photo of it.

I think this is the sporran that popped into my head! The wonderful russet colour that complements that tartan and that tweed so beautifully.

Or maybe this? But with the leather more russet.

Last edited by OC Richard; 10th May 18 at 07:20 PM.
    Proud Mountaineer from the Highlands of West Virginia; son of the Revolution and Civil War; first Europeans on the Guyandotte

12. The Following 3 Users say 'Aye' to OC Richard For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great looking jacket and waist coat.... now about your hose😉
    "Good judgement comes from experience, and experience
    well, that comes from poor judgement."
    A. A. Milne

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam View Post
    Great looking jacket and waist coat.... now about your hose��
    I have the correct hose, sporran etc, I just put the kilt on to see how it went with jacket, to make sure the jacket and length was good, and it was. I did not dress all the way. With this outfit I am going toward a brown Sporran, and Ghillie shoes. Hose will match perfectly and are Argyle. I will post when I were it all..... T

Thank all of you for your look, and kind words. I tried to put a lot of thought into making sure this was down correctly.
    Allan Collin MacDonald III
    Grandfather - Clan Donald, MacDonald (Clanranald) /MacBride, Antigonish, NS, 1791
    Grandmother - Clan Chisholm of Strathglass, West River, Antigonish, 1803
    Scottish Roots: Knoidart, Inverness, Scotland, then to Antigonish, Nova Scotia, Canada.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done on the jacket and waistcoat, House of Labhran does an exceptional job as always. I do agree that a brown day sporran will work wonderfully with the outfit pictured, as for the ghillie brogues, I have a pair that are relegated to the closet as the laces always seem to dig into my leg so I wear my brogues I just got a new pair from Johnston and Murphy that will last some time. I also wonder at the idea of Argyll hose, I always recommend that people stick to formality, ie, if you wearing day wear then everything should be day wear, if evening then everything should be evening wear. These rules are subject to interpretation, as events do cross from day to evening but in general terms that is how I go about it. All that is a long way of saying if it were me a self coloured pair of hose in Lovat green or blue or perhaps a claret pair would be my choice for a day outfit.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast