X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Solo Outing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solo Outing

Today, I planned to go on a day trip kilted. This would be the first trip when I planned on being in public kilted alone. The trip almost didn't happen because it was 21 degrees outside when I got up. But after a few hours is was about 32 degrees outside. So I got into my black Stillwater kilt (picture in gallery) and headed for Freeport Maine for a day of shopping!

I only had one comment all day. An older woman asked did ask if I was cold. I told her I was fine. But ten degrees colder outside would be a problem. Which probably is true. I talked to a young man working on an ice sculpture. It said it was about 32 degrees outside. So it seems that a Stillwater kilt is good to at least 30 degrees for this sort of of activity.

One funny thing happened in LL Bean (sporting good store). I came around a corner and a clerk got a puzzled look on his face. Then I think he saw the sporran and his brain clicked in on "kilt" and he smiled. I talked to him and several other people during the day.

I can't say that I ever forgot that I was in a kilt. It was cool outside with a breeze, so I was aware of the cool air on my legs.

The only "bad part" was my first trip to the "little kilter's room." I had avoided that on other trips. I had read the advice here. But, I still found it a chore to sit on the toilet.

All and All, the trip went well. With winter around the corner, not sure how many trips there will be in the near future. Time will tell!

Will

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solo Outing

Today, I planned to go on a day trip kilted. This would be the first trip when I planned on being in public kilted alone. The trip almost didn't happen because it was 21 degrees outside when I got up. But after a few hours is was about 32 degrees outside. So I got into my black Stillwater kilt (picture in gallery) and headed for Freeport Maine for a day of shopping!

I only had one comment all day. An older woman asked did ask if I was cold. I told her I was fine. But ten degrees colder outside would be a problem. Which probably is true. I talked to a young man working on an ice sculpture. It said it was about 32 degrees outside. So it seems that a Stillwater kilt is good to at least 30 degrees for this sort of of activity.

One funny thing happened in LL Bean (sporting good store). I came around a corner and a clerk got a puzzled look on his face. Then I think he saw the sporran and his brain clicked in on "kilt" and he smiled. I talked to him and several other people during the day.

I can't say that I ever forgot that I was in a kilt. It was cool outside with a breeze, so I was aware of the cool air on my legs.

The only "bad part" was my first trip to the "little kilter's room." I had avoided that on other trips. I had read the advice here. But, I still found it a chore to sit on the toilet.

All and All, the trip went well. With winter around the corner, not sure how many trips there will be in the near future. Time will tell!

Will

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Solo Outing

Will

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice going Will. Sounds as if you had a real nice day. Wouldn't think to much of the clerk in Bean's, most of the one's I have met were prepies and look puzzled most of the time anyway.

Was 36F here and I was comfortable in my p-v kilt this morning.

Try this, when you sit, scoop and sit, when you ummm, flip and sit.

Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice going Will. Sounds as if you had a real nice day. Wouldn't think to much of the clerk in Bean's, most of the one's I have met were prepies and look puzzled most of the time anyway.

Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mike

Graham is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well done Will, it gets better and better the more you gain confidence.

It must be harder for us older folks, my son began wearing a kilt recently and he is not bothered wearing it anywhere.

Tell me, have you lost weight? you seem much thinner in the recent photo (if you don't mind me saying so)

Graham is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It must be harder for us older folks, my son began wearing a kilt recently and he is not bothered wearing it anywhere.

Tell me, have you lost weight? you seem much thinner in the recent photo (if you don't mind me saying so)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will,

Going out with others is a lot of fun, but when you go out solo, that is an awesome experience, you have done well! Congratulations!!!
    Glen McGuire

A Life Lived in Fear, Is a Life Half Lived.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast