X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Freedom Kilts website Scotweb websiten Burnetts and Struth website The Scottish Trading Company
Xmarks advertising information Xmarks advertising information Celtic Croft website Xmarks advertising information Xmarks advertising information

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ugh, the wait for a custom kilt!

At the risk of sounding like an impatient American, the wait for my custom kilt is getting ridiculous!

I was measured for a bespoke kilt at Chisholm’s in Inverness on Sept. 15. Their website said it takes 6-8 weeks, which is no big deal. They told me when I was there it would be 8 weeks (middle of November) because they were getting busy. As we got closer to 8 weeks they said it would be delayed 2 weeks, making it 10 total. As we’re just past the 10 week mark I contacted them yesterday to see when they’d be shipping and when I needed to pay the other half of the total. They told me it was going to be ANOTHER 2 weeks delayed, making it 12. They apologized and said it would be shipping Dec. 12.

If Chisholm’s didn’t have such a great reputation I would be worried, but waiting 50% longer than I was originally told is a little annoying.

Just venting my frustration I guess...

2. The Following User Says 'Aye' to rangepig For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try planting trees, that will teach you patience!
    " Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the adherence of idle minds and minor tyrants". Field Marshal Lord Slim.

4. The Following 2 Users say 'Aye' to Jock Scot For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the risk of sounding like a spoiled rotten and uncaring American, "Tis the Season". All things this time of year take longer and that makes the "jonesing" for a kilt to arrive that much worse. Still, I feel your pain. I'm waiting on a jacket mailed from Texas (thank you Tobus) that will arrive (God willing and creeks don't rise) Dec. 2nd. I expect a cardio workout because of the frequent trips to the mail box.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jock Scot View Post
    Try planting trees, that will teach you patience!
    Or waiting for your 31 year old to finish University, & get (out) a life of her own...............we are still waiting......
    "I can draw a mouse with a pencil, but I can't draw a pencil with a mouse"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL Feeling your pain! It seemed forever for my kilt to arrive from Scotland. But it was well worth the wait! Compared to the utility kilts and sport kilt I purchased to hold me over, the quality is mind-blowingly different. But each has its purpose, I suppose.

Now I am waiting on custom boots I ordered on August 11th! :P

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do not intend to rub noses into the dirt but, my jacket arrived and fits like a glove. I'll post photos soon. The wait was certainly worth every moment. I know the same will be great for you.

9. The Following 3 Users say 'Aye' to Tarheel For This Useful Post: