X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Freedom Kilts website Scotweb websiten Burnetts and Struth website The Scottish Trading Company
MacGregor and MacDuff Xmarks advertising information Celtic Croft website Xmarks advertising information Celtic Corner website

User Tag List

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unexpected compliment.

Most mornings I walk my grandson to school wearing a kilt, sometimes in cycling gear but usually a kilt. This morning was an exception, I was in clothes more suited to crawling around in the loft cutting up joists with a circular saw. (Think lots of dust.) I got stopped by a lady walking her dog who asked if it was I she usually saw wearing a kilt. When I confirmed it was, she said it made her happy each morning she saw me in a kilt. Not sure why she chose this morning to say it, but I did have a tartan shirt on.

Maybe next time our paths cross I'll ask why seeing a kilt made her happy, this morning I was in a hurry to get to work. The sooner finished, the sooner the kilt can go back on, trousers feel really restrictive after a few hours.
    If you are going to do it, do it in a kilt!

2. The Following 9 Users say 'Aye' to tpa For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've found that wearing the kilt seems to brighten people's days. Some just appreciate seeing something different, others get a laugh from it. Either way, it made someone smile, that works by me.

4. The Following 10 Users say 'Aye' to Jumpmonkey For This Useful Post:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

love the kilt`

I also have the same when some to the ladies visit the store. They look forward to seeing he guy in the kilt, some ask why the kilt and some want me to talk their husbands into wearing a kilt to that I say all you have to do is get them in it once and they will be hooked lol. But it's good to make people smile with a kilt or a smile it's all good.

6. The Following 3 Users say 'Aye' to mckilty For This Useful Post: