X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What can we expect in years to come?

There are people spoke of past attempts to get men out of pants and shorts and they were not successful. But it seems Internet and innovative business pratices are helpping more men to get out of their pants and into their new kilts.
    It will only get better and better as kilts are becoming more readily availabe and will encourage more non-Scots to get into the kilt wearing life style

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree it'll become more common for men to wear something other than pants. Give a guy a week wearing a kilt and he'll never want to wear pants again. I wouldn't really call it a lifestyle though, more of a return to more biologically appropriate clothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As much as I love my Kilts and wearing them as much as I can, I still find pant to be the proper peice of clothing to be worn allot. For example, I ride a motorcycle for most days while the weather is good. Therefore I must be in pants. I would love to be a full time Kilt wearing lad but I am just not willing to give up my motorcycle or my safety. Also Whilst I am at work. I tryed to be Kilted at work and I am still trying, not that anyone is against it. The wind and weather out at sea make it hard to do my job in a Kilt.
    As for more people being Kilted, I agree I think Kilts will be worn by more and more people in the years to come.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Andrew, pants evolved for riding so wearing pants on your bike is proper. There are always practical and safety issues to be considered. You wear what best suits what you're doing. Common sense.

Miah is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Andrew I got an Idea to combat the wind, now this would involve adding a hym to the bottom of your kilt but do that and then place small fishing style, lead weights on a string and sew the line and the lead weights into the hym it would be one heavy kilt but the wind would have a hard time blowing it up.
    I used to melt fishing line into all my Uniforms on the inside of the creases so they would hold the crease, and never use a nedle and thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I doubt that Andrew wants his Kilt to stay down all the time.

Miah is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The downland village of Storrington, West Sussex, United Kingdom (50º 55' 15.42"N 0º 26' 13.44"W)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miah
    Andrew I got an Idea to combat the wind, now this would involve adding a hym to the bottom of your kilt but do that and then place small fishing style, lead weights on a string and sew the line and the lead weights into the hym it would be one heavy kilt but the wind would have a hard time blowing it up.
    I used to melt fishing line into all my Uniforms on the inside of the creases so they would hold the crease, and never use a nedle and thread.
    That sounds a little bit drastic! Women's dressmakers already use lead-weighted threads to sew into hems of light-weight fabrics. Something just a little heavier than that would seem appropriate for kilts, but not as heavy as bruise-making fishing weights.

Besides, I see nothing wrong with the kilt 'flying' occasionally ......... it helps to keep life exciting!
    [B][I][U]No. of Kilts[/U][/I][/B][I]:[/I] 102.[I] [B]"[U][B]Title[/B]"[/U][/B][/I]: Lord Hamish Bicknell, Laird of Lochaber / [B][U][I]Life Member:[/I][/U][/B] The Scottish Tartans Authority / [B][U][I]Life Member:[/I][/U][/B] The Royal Scottish Country Dance Society / [U][I][B]Member:[/B][/I][/U] The Ardbeg Committee / [I][B][U]My NEW Photo Album[/U]: [/B][/I][COLOR=purple]Sadly, and with great regret, it seems my extensive and comprehensive album may now have been lost forever![/COLOR]/

Graham is offline Oops, it seems this member needs to update their email address
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Andrew, I understand your situation, I would be in trousers in your job too, and on a motorbike, mine is a different lifestyle so it's easier to be kilted.

My son would like to wear a kilt more often but a bicycle is a major part of his life (he has no motor)

As to the future, trousers will always be around, but I would like to see kilts become more accepted and common. (they will always be special, no matter how common).

3389 Schuylkill Rd, Spring City, PA 19475
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miah
    Andrew I got an Idea to combat the wind, now this would involve adding a hym to the bottom of your kilt
    What "Hym" will the kilt be singing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamish
    Besides, I see nothing wrong with the kilt 'flying' occasionally ......... it helps to keep life exciting!
    Now your talkin Ham! If no one else will aplaud that I will. uh.. Just don't let it "fly" to high..

Quote Originally Posted by bubba
    I agree it'll become more common for men to wear something other than pants. Give a guy a week wearing a kilt and he'll never want to wear pants again.
    Goodness Bubba, a whole week?, what took you so long?I was hooked in about 2 seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew
    As much as I love my Kilts and wearing them as much as I can, I still find pant to be the proper peice of clothing to be worn allot. For example, I ride a motorcycle
    My wife has worn a long skirt while riding with me on my motorcyle quite a few times, ( She never wears slacks or shorts) She has always been able to tuck it in and mount and dismount the bike very modestly, A kilt is obviously shorter and more of challenge for modesty, but safety concerns aside, I guarantee you when I get a new motorcycle, it's gonna get a trial

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast