X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

Kilted in Bend

Printable View

• 13th July 09, 07:58 PM
    KiltedCoastie
    Kilted in Bend
    I was down visiting my retirement home in Bend and went the entire time kilted, which included two nights at McMinamins (sp?) and one evening at Pizza Mundos. I played golf at Widgi Creek 6 July. No one said a thing to me, unlike Seattle where people will often comment (all positive). I think Central Oregon hasn't seen too many kilts. When I retire from the Coast Guard in a few years, that's all I plan on wearing.
    Does anyone go kilted in Bend?

Matt
  • 13th July 09, 09:25 PM
    Riverkilt
    Not sure how far between you and DWFII....

My little sister used to live in Bend but moved back to Portland

Welcome,
  • 14th July 09, 06:50 PM
    DWFII
    I'm in Redmond...about 13 miles north. I wear a kilt on occasion in both Bend and Redmond. Never have had much in the way of comments either way. I would like to get a kiltnight going in Bend or Redmond but I don't think there's enough of us who wear the kilt for anything but Games and Burns Nicht.
  • 18th July 09, 09:38 PM
    KiltedCoastie
    Well, we'll have to change that when I move there permanently. My wife thought a Utilikilt shop might go over with that small Bohemian population in Central Oregon--then we can advance&expand them!
    I hope to see you down there sometime soon, and I will let you know the next time I visit.
  • 19th October 09, 08:43 PM
    AM2 KILT
    i moved to Bend a few months ago and i just got into kiltmaking. any fellow bendites out there?
  • 19th October 09, 11:17 PM
    RamsayClanCommish
    I just moved to Bend last month and would like a kilt night in November (as I have posted in other threads).
  • 20th October 09, 05:44 AM
    DWFII
    error
  • 20th October 09, 06:43 PM
    RamsayClanCommish
    Error?
  • 20th October 09, 07:28 PM
    DWFII
    I started to say I could make it but on second thought maybe not...no guarantees, better to wait and see if the date set is one I can make.

Couldn't figure out how to delete the post.

My apologies.

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!