X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

Loving the look

Printable View

• 18th December 15, 12:29 PM
    Mikilt
    Loving the look
    Just random surfing. I found a pair of HoC kilt hose from New House Highland on Amazon that look like they were made for the Cthulhu tartan. Seriously matchy-matchy. I can't wait to kilt up and wear them.

http://i1326.photobucket.com/albums/...psnu5zbvy6.jpg
  • 18th December 15, 12:53 PM
    Chip
    Good match.

I'm curious about those hose-garter combos. Are the 'built in'? Wondering if they give any additional support to keep the hose up, or if they're purely decorative.
  • 18th December 15, 01:03 PM
    Mikilt
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Chip View Post
    Good match.

I'm curious about those hose-garter combos. Are the 'built in'? Wondering if they give any additional support to keep the hose up, or if they're purely decorative.

They are regular, separate and fully functional garter ties.
  • 18th December 15, 01:22 PM
    Leprechaun 91
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikilt View Post
    They are regular, separate and fully functional garter ties.

One Day I will learn to make them. I cant even cast on though. I just hate paying $20 for them. I do love the look though over grosgrain or tatrtan garters.
  • 18th December 15, 01:25 PM
    Chip
    Thanks. I see them often when I'm hunting around for garter ties, and was never quite certain.
  • 18th December 15, 03:00 PM
    Mikilt
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Leprechaun-91 View Post
    One Day I will learn to make them. I cant even cast on though. I just hate paying $20 for them. I do love the look though over grosgrain or tatrtan garters.

I have knit a few of my own. I learned how from YouTube videos. I knit one regular length one, but misjudged how much it would stretch. So instead, I just knit about 8" then bend them over an elastic band.

I would post a pic but I am in the middle of moving and all my non-essential kilt kit is packed.

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!