X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers
  • 5th January 24, 11:02 AM
    Arnot
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Alain MARION View Post
    Hi everyone,

I recently noticed two tartans I had not seen before on Marton Mills' web site: Kintyre Fen and Copper Haze.

Would anyone have pictures of kilts made in these tartans?

Thanks!

I picked up a kilt length of Copper Haze tartan from Marton Mills yesterday. I'll probably start the kilt on Sunday.
  • 5th January 24, 11:13 AM
    Alain MARION
    This is a very nice tartan. I look forward to seeing the finished product!
  • 6th January 24, 04:17 AM
    OC Richard
    A closer look shows that indeed Copper Haze is a variant of the symmetrical Buchanan sett.

The biggest difference was changing one of the yellow stripes to green, that double yellow stripe being so distinctive of Buchanan.

If I were a Buchanan I would order a kilt in it right away! It's beautiful.

(Buchanan left, Copper Haze right.)

https://i.imgur.com/hi7LWmj.jpg
  • 25th January 24, 12:58 PM
    DAB16
    MacCarthy Tartan - Jura 16oz Marton Mills
    Hello,

Marton Mills also weave the MacCarthy Jura 16oz Heavyweight. It is worth noting MacCarthy Old is also woven at clan.com, Edinburgh, UK. It's a good sign English Mills are starting to weave the rarer tartans. Yorkshire appears to be a good place to weave tartan!

Darren A Burfield - McCarthy
  • 22nd April 24, 01:33 PM
    Alain MARION
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Arnot View Post
    I picked up a kilt length of Copper Haze tartan from Marton Mills yesterday. I'll probably start the kilt on Sunday.

Can you please post a few pictures of your kilt in the Copper haze tartan? Thanks!
  • 23rd April 24, 12:06 PM
    Arnot
    Quote:

Can you please post a few pictures of your kilt in the Copper haze tartan? Thanks!

I've tried a couple times. Can't seem to upload photos anymore. Not sure what's going on.
  • 23rd April 24, 12:50 PM
    Alain MARION
    Thanks for your reply! Could you please send pictures at my personal email, if that is not against forum policies? I could provide it in another reply to this thread.
  • 23rd April 24, 12:55 PM
    Arnot
    Quote:

Thanks for your reply! Could you please send pictures at my personal email, if that is not against forum policies? I could provide it in another reply to this thread.

If you PM me with your email I'll send them to you.

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!