X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

Itasca Highland Games!

Printable View

• 30th May 16, 07:13 PM
    GrainReaper
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sbevans View Post
    I will see you all there.

Looking like the usual crew thus far, now how about the others!
  • 30th May 16, 07:52 PM
    Llama
    I'm doing some scheduling black magic to try to get there.
  • 31st May 16, 07:41 PM
    Standard
    Sorry to be late in replying to this thread. The Mrs. Standard and I will be there on Saturday. Our friends are bringing their highland cows for viewing again this year.

Is anyone attending the whisky tasting class on Friday evening? I'll be there. The couple that we are going up to the games with again this year he will be there with me while the ladies are knitting and enjoying a glass of wine.

Looking forward to another great Games. Hope we don't get the rain moving in like last year. We were helping to load up the cows and missed any of the final of the pipe bands.
  • 3rd June 16, 07:46 PM
    McFarkus
    I'll be there all day Saturday. I'm going to send out a p.m. blast. Some of you who have already responded will probably get it. Just ignore it.
  • 6th June 16, 08:14 PM
    Standard
    Is anyone attending the whisky tasting class on Friday evening? A friend and I will be there. Not sure if our wives are coming along Friday evening, but we'll all be onsite Saturday.
  • 8th June 16, 03:51 AM
    Sample m
    I would love to but the wife has family up for the games. So we will be floating around the grounds Friday night. What time does it start? Things change constantly around my household, and I would really like to make it. Or at the least meet up and say hello.
  • 8th June 16, 05:47 PM
    Standard
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sample m View Post
    I would love to but the wife has family up for the games. So we will be floating around the grounds Friday night. What time does it start? Things change constantly around my household, and I would really like to make it. Or at the least meet up and say hello.

The tickets say 7:30-9:00pm Friday evening for the whisky master class. Sounds like a good long session. The Saturday whisky tasting tent opens at 11:00 for VIP ticket holders, else at noon until 3:00pm.
  • 8th June 16, 06:57 PM
    Sample m
    And I have a vip ticket for sat. Woohoo!! Can't wait.
  • 16th June 16, 08:45 PM
    Mikilt
    Ahoy Rabble!

The Games are here! I am shooting for early on Saturday (to score lower-level shaded parking)

See you all at the Clan Gordon tent following the parade! I don't know which kilt yet, but I will be in a seersucker jacket.
  • 17th June 16, 03:28 AM
    GrainReaper
    I'll be in Albannach tartan, probably a polo or other lightweight shirt, blue hose.

I should be easy to spot, I'll be the guy wearing a kilt! :lol:

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!