X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

yea I know I go evey week

Printable View

• 30th October 18, 09:58 AM
    grizzbass
    7 Attachment(s)
    yea I know I go evey week
    or almost every week but hiking with the wife and getting apples fresh off the tree, letting grizz run wild and then a great donut shop on the way home can't be beat.
    The bears have been very active and leaving evidence of that activity.
    Attachment 35408
    Me in my McKenzie
    Attachment 35409
    The wife brought her autumn dress for pictures
    Attachment 35410
    The fall colors are starting to turn which is also a great reason to go up to Oak Glen. We don't have fall here in Riverside Ca so a bit of a drive is worth it. I hear fall colors aren't out this year in places. My daughter tells me in Fredrick Maryland the trees are just dropping their green leaves without ever changing. Most of the trees in oak glen haven't turned because they had warmer weather (which is why the apple harvest isn't very good this year also) but it is wonderful to see at least evidence of 4 seasons.
    Attachment 35414
    Attachment 35415
    Attachment 35416
    Happy Halloween
    Attachment 35417
  • 30th October 18, 01:21 PM
    Tarheel
    Both you and your wife's outfits have great fall colors (Grizz has that covered without changing a thing). I'm glad you clarified the bears are leaving "calling cards". I'd hate to think that Grizz had enough doughnuts to create that large a pile of scat. I also expect his smile would be a sign of relief.

Don't feel bad about the amount of photos. They warm many hearts and let us see through your lens-eye.
  • 1st November 18, 10:02 AM
    grizzbass
    Thanks
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarheel View Post
    Both you and your wife's outfits have great fall colors (Grizz has that covered without changing a thing). I'm glad you clarified the bears are leaving "calling cards". I'd hate to think that Grizz had enough doughnuts to create that large a pile of scat. I also expect his smile would be a sign of relief.

Don't feel bad about the amount of photos. They warm many hearts and let us see through your lens-eye.

I do think the McKenzie looks best in the fall.

That was the biggest "bit" of scat I've ever seen. The part away from the camera was at least twice the size as part facing the camera. I've seen a lot of scat, tracks in the mud, heard them run off through the woods on night hikes there but never seen one at Oak Glen. That's disappointing as I do love seeing bears but best since Grizz is with me as you never know how a dog will react to a bear and I'd hate to have to chase after him to protect the bear.

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!