X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

Hang/Store Utility Kilts

Printable View

• 10th May 18, 08:41 PM
    mikepalmer
    1 Attachment(s)
    Hang/Store Utility Kilts
    Attachment 33933.

Great one sided hangers to hang my kilts. Tried all the ones with clips and press bars and always had trouble. These work great and cost a dollar each.
  • 14th May 18, 07:35 AM
    The TALL TN Scot
    This is actually quite brilliant because I'm going to a festival this weekend and plan to buy at least one utility kilt and was wondering if the four clip hanger worked well on them. I have the four clip hangers for my other two kilts and they work fine, but at $10-$20 each...
  • 14th May 18, 10:58 AM
    Tobus
    Quote:

Originally Posted by The TALL TN Scot View Post
    This is actually quite brilliant because I'm going to a festival this weekend and plan to buy at least one utility kilt and was wondering if the four clip hanger worked well on them. I have the four clip hangers for my other two kilts and they work fine, but at $10-$20 each...

I can't speak for all utility kilts or all clip-style hangers, but I've found my Utilikilt to be the easiest-to-hang of all my kilts. Probably because it's the lightest of them all.

I use the cheap clip hangers from department store racks. You can carefully bend them enough to remove the lower rod that the clips are attached to, and then combine several hangers' worth of clips onto one single hanger. With 6 clips on one hanger, it provides even load distribution on the kilt. And the hangers are free.

This idea is pretty slick, though. I'll bet it's a lot quicker to get it on and off the hangers than the clip route!
  • 8th September 18, 09:52 AM
    mikepalmer
    It sure is quicker. I wear them everyday. I now have a converted coat rack with Kilts.

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!