X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

Passing of fellow XMarker

Printable View

• 19th April 16, 05:43 PM
    Panache
    Farewell Trefor,

Raise a glass with Dee for us as we will surely raise a glass for you.

Cheers Mate

Jamie
  • 19th April 16, 06:28 PM
    Tarheel
    Mr. McClef (as I knew him) greeted me as a new member. Soon after, as moderator, he issued me a simple infraction for an inappropriate post of mine. He had grace, patience and kindness during that period without making me feel inferior or stupid. Later he supported a few of my views if they seemed controversial but reasonable as an alternative to a topic. I could not have had a better guide to the world of kilts as this beloved elder of the Rabble. I will miss his input and impact on my world.
  • 20th April 16, 05:23 AM
    Peter Crowe
    I just heard this news and although Trefor and I had never actually met in person we shared some interests in common and were friends on Facebook and X Marks the Scot. I am actually quite shocked and will miss his insightful conversation on many topics we had a mutual interest in, Freemasonry (he joined the Craft about a year before I did), History, Politics, Culture, my native Scotland, and a little friendly rivalry between our respective Ancient Universities (St. Andrews and Glasgow). My deepest condolences to his nearest and dearest, I am glad of the all too brief friendship I shared with Trefor, albeit virtual and am genuinely saddened and feel a little diminished at learning of his passing to the Celestial Lodge above.
  • 20th April 16, 05:36 AM
    cessna152towser
    If I recall correctly I first met Trefor around ten years ago at a Burns Supper at Ferintosh Guest House in Dumfries.
    We had much in common, besides a shared interest in kilts, we also had an interest in trains and Trefor had been educated at St. Andrews University which my daughter had also attended.
    Over the years I met Trefor again on a number of occasions, in Dumfries at subsequent kilted gatherings, and in Jedburgh when he holidayed in Scotland with his mother, and at the Harpenden Gathering, and at the Pontypool and Blaenavon heritage railway in Wales where Trefor was an active volunteer. Trefor had a great ability to accurately mimic the Scottish accent, and one of his skills was his ability to perform Burns' address to the Haggis in Lallan' Scots. Trefor will be sorely missed.
  • 20th April 16, 06:49 AM
    IsaacW
    :(

RIP. I will raise a parting glass tonight for you!!
  • 20th April 16, 09:17 AM
    Pleater
    We have lost a noble soul, a gentleman.

Anne the Pleater
  • 20th April 16, 09:35 AM
    Macman
    I am stunned and very sorry to hear of Trefor's passing. As others have said, he was a gentleman and a staple member of the forum. I will miss him.
  • 21st April 16, 03:09 PM
    Mikilt
    Sadness.

I did not know him, but I knew him to be a good man.
  • 26th April 16, 03:51 AM
    Jock Scot
    I am so very sorry to read of this sad news.
  • 26th April 16, 06:10 AM
    Jack Daw
    I'm very sorry to read this. He was a gentleman at his posts. I'll be among many to raise a glass to the fellow.

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!