X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers
  • 18th September 19, 03:50 PM
    PeterB
    USAK Casual kilt in motion
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=qfyu_NsYbYw

If anyone's wondering how the PV Casual kilts move, at 7:50 in the video you can see 20 seconds or so of one in motion(Isle of Skye tartan, purple shirt). I like it. It's a whole lot more fun than dancing in shorts!
  • 18th September 19, 06:28 PM
    Karl R
    Nice video.

I generally wear my USAK casual kilts out dancing once or twice per week. On Sunday I wore my Irish Heritage casual kilt to a country western dance hall.

The kilt is (literally and figuratively) cooler than any pants I would instead. It adds a lot of flare, and garners a lot of compliments.
  • 19th September 19, 07:51 AM
    jthk
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PeterB View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9&v=qfyu_NsYbYw

If anyone's wondering how the PV Casual kilts move, at 7:50 in the video you can see 20 seconds or so of one in motion(Isle of Skye tartan, purple shirt). I like it. It's a whole lot more fun than dancing in shorts!

Nicely done! Turns out I know some of those musicians and probably some of the dancers! Good man.

Best,
    Jonathan
    (western Mass.)
  • 19th September 19, 05:50 PM
    PeterB
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jthk View Post
    Nicely done! Turns out I know some of those musicians and probably some of the dancers!

The Norwich, VT dance is my regular dance, with occasional trips up to Montpelier. I'm always impressed by the quality of the music.

For anyone who hasn't tried contradancing, it's great fun and a great way to meet people. If you can walk and count to 8 you can do it!
  • 24th October 19, 03:05 PM
    Blupiper
    Sock hop! :clap:

JMB

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!