X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers
  • 9th June 11, 07:47 AM
    Schiehallion
    Many congratulations. I could not think of a better way in honouring you Hamish.
  • 9th June 11, 08:09 AM
    McClef
    Brian we want a fanfare for an uncommon man! :lol: (that's a Copeland reference folks).
  • 9th June 11, 09:18 AM
    Really a McQueen
    Quote:

Originally Posted by McClef View Post
    Brian we want a fanfare for an uncommon man! :lol: (that's a Copeland reference folks).

Actually, I think that piece of music(k) may be found in the P.D.Q. Bach archives of the University of Southern North Dakota (at Hoople); Professor Peter Schickele, curator. :wink:

More seriously, congratulations to the gentle man, Hamish.
  • 9th June 11, 09:29 AM
    Mike_Oettle
    This is a fitting honour indeed. Congratulations, Hamish!
    Regards,
    Mike
  • 9th June 11, 04:52 PM
    Santa Wally
    An obvious selection to honor the GENTLEMAN. Congratulations Hamish.
  • 10th June 11, 07:49 PM
    Cowher
    I stopped watching who was inducted because Hamish was not first. I'm glad I was wrong. Congratulations ol' boy:clap::bow::clap:
  • 11th June 11, 12:33 AM
    Morris at Heathfield
    If I ever pay a visit to the homeland, I'll have to drop by Storrington—not unannounced, of course.

Congratulations, Hamish!
  • 11th June 11, 07:27 AM
    Riverkilt
    Well yeah....don't think this forum would have taken off like it did without Ham's "flair." He filled the forum with pics showing fashion looks and color combinations we'd never dreamed of. He helped us all with little tips we had no clue over....like not wearing a tartan tie with a tartan kilt. Etc. etc.

A good man for sure and the right choice for #1 - because he is!
  • 11th June 11, 07:35 AM
    ozarkjacobite
    Congrats Hamish!
  • 11th June 11, 11:30 AM
    Hamish
    Wow! This honour came as a genuine surprise to me and I immediately felt very humbled by being first-named on the Roll. There must be many others more deserving or worthy of inclusion especially as I have been unable to contribute to the forum for almost a year and a half - many current members must, right now, be asking, "Who on earth is this Hamish fellow?"! Well, I am deeply grateful to Steve and The Mods (that sounds like a ‘60s/’70s pop group!) for even thinking of me in connection with The Honour Roll, let alone inscribing my name upon it. As my health inproves, I will do my best to live up to expectations and to play a more active part in ‘X Marks the Scot’ life but, sadly, this may have to wait until later in the year.

Thank you all for your kind messages, every one of which means a great deal to me.

Take care,
    Ham.

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!