X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers
  • 14th April 19, 06:49 PM
    Rmadigan
    Wanted to buy: Kilt jacket
    I am looking to buy a kilt jacket in US size 50R. Can be lovat blue or green, charcoal or black. I would also take a black Argyll jacket in 50R.

PM me

Russ Madigan
  • 15th April 19, 12:28 AM
    Jock Scot
    Just a thought. It may help members to know whether you are requiring a black argyll in tweed or barathea? :wink:
  • 15th April 19, 06:48 AM
    Rmadigan
    Good point. I'd like a black argyll jacket in barathea.

Thanks
  • 15th April 19, 06:52 AM
    Riverkilt
    I've lost a lot of weight and have both blue and green...just out of town and can't verify the size. I'll be back home this evening and will check and let you know. Mine were made by Lochcarron in Scotland. Have the measurements and pics too.

Later today.

Okay, turns out they're grey and green...and 49" chest. Were Made to Measure so will post detailed size info on the For Sale Forum.
  • 17th April 19, 06:07 PM
    Rmadigan
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Riverkilt View Post
    I've lost a lot of weight and have both blue and green...just out of town and can't verify the size. I'll be back home this evening and will check and let you know. Mine were made by Lochcarron in Scotland. Have the measurements and pics too.

Later today.

Okay, turns out they're grey and green...and 49" chest. Were Made to Measure so will post detailed size info on the For Sale Forum.

The gray one sounds interesting. Is it a tight 49 or a loose 49? I normally wear a 48 sport coat but had to get a 50 Prince Charlie. I wonder how I could try it on ? I am interested in it.
  • 17th April 19, 08:16 PM
    Riverkilt
    I would guess since it was made to measure by Lochcarron tailors and they say its 49 then it is 49.

I live in Page, Arizona up near the Utah border...you're welcome to try it on. I'll be in Las Vegas next week if you wanna meet me there I'll bring it along.
  • 18th April 19, 07:21 AM
    Rmadigan
    Can you send a few pictures of it?

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!