X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

Kilted Okie

Printable View

• 30th January 19, 09:43 AM
    JScottG
    Kilted Okie
    Hello All,
    Three years ago while visiting good friends in Scotland I was introduced to the kilt. My friend had a surprise waiting for me when I arrived. She had arranged for me to hire a kilt outfit for the evening. I suspect like a lot of you, I discovered what a superior garment a kilt actually is. It is comfortable, practical (in most circumstances), and brings with it of course its own style. These past three years my interests in the kilt continue. My wife who is from Ireland summarizes it as "kilt shenanigans". I have several and considering the idea of making one, which led me to this forum. I look forward to being a part of this community.

Cheers,
    Jeff
  • 30th January 19, 10:35 AM
    Tarheel
    Well met and welcome Jeff. Our wives must be related with their thinking about kilts. I am not deterred and hope you are not either. In four years, my wife has become more accepting (as my wardrobe has improved in quality and my social awareness sharpened while kilted) of my growing collection.

I learned to take great care in my choices and involve her as often as I can. My last pair of hose and flashes was met with a compromise (for her) a new purse, five pairs of shoes, two sweaters, and three slacks to compliment my go-to outfit.

Glad to have you with us. Note: my case is not the standard to all who decide to wear a kilt.
  • 30th January 19, 11:21 AM
    Father Bill
    Welcome to the "Great Rabble"! :piper: :kd: :kd: :kd: :kd: :kd:
  • 30th January 19, 11:21 AM
    grizzbass
    hello
    spent several very happy years going to university in Oklahoma. Hope you enjoy yourself here.
  • 30th January 19, 02:39 PM
    Richrail
    :welcome: from Reno, NV.
  • 30th January 19, 02:49 PM
    TheGratefulNed
    Welcome aboard, Jeff!
  • 30th January 19, 03:56 PM
    Liam
    Welcome from Western Canada 🇨🇦!
  • 31st January 19, 01:56 AM
    Kiltedjohn
    Welcome from a Scotsman living in the English midlands.
  • 31st January 19, 08:05 AM
    Blaidd
    Welcome from a Cilt wearing Welshman!
  • 31st January 19, 08:10 AM
    Tomak
    Hello and welcome from Southern California.

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!