X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

Highland Games, Phoenix

Printable View

• 1st February 10, 09:42 PM
    B R Gordon
    Highland Games, Phoenix
    What can anyone tell about the highland games in Phoenix, the last weekend in February.

My wife and I are thinking about driving over for the games.
  • 18th February 10, 07:58 PM
    DizzyIzzy
    Greetings-

Checkout this flyer from the games. It's in a new location this year. More space will be a plus. I'll be there, perhaps both days.

http://www.arizonascots.com/GamesFor...mesProgram.pdf

Regards-

Scott
  • 18th February 10, 09:55 PM
    B R Gordon
    Maybe we can meet up at the games. We'll be arriving in Phoenix the Thursday afternoon before the games.
  • 20th February 10, 07:38 AM
    DizzyIzzy
    Sounds like a plan.
  • 20th February 10, 10:15 AM
    Riverkilt
    Have been to the games in multiple venues over the years - always a large turnout. Don't think you'll be disappointed. The new light rail allows you to lodge some ways away and take the train to the games.

I'm considering going, but haven't made my mind up yet...would mean a five hour night drive after work on Friday....

X Marks have traditionally met up at the games but haven't heard any plans this year.
  • 20th February 10, 11:10 AM
    B R Gordon
    Riverkilt,

Thanks for the information. I'll keep alert for any comments about X Marks meeting up.
  • 21st February 10, 08:34 PM
    Sionnach
    I plan to be there Saturday in the am through maybe early afternoon. (Need to head home and get ready for the Band of the Irish Guard Concert that evening.) If anyone wishes to meet up- let me know, we can make it happen. For those still around toward evening- we plan to be a Seamus Mccaffrey's for dinner (18 W. Monroe) about 6, then head over to the concert.
    Regards,
  • 21st February 10, 10:12 PM
    drobin
    If I can make it, it will be for the Saturday afternoon. I've got a Saturday morning rehearsal and a 1pm call on Sunday for the concert. However, if I remember correctly the Sonoran Scotsmen will have a tent there again this year. So some of us will be easy to find.
  • 22nd February 10, 09:08 AM
    Catdad
    My wife and I are planning on being there Saturday, late morning/early afternoon and would love to meet up with any Xmarkers.
  • 26th February 10, 02:10 PM
    B. Somm
    Don't know if I'll be there, but if I go, I'll definitely make my way over to the Sonoran Scotsman's tent if they have it set up this year....maybe around oneish?

B. :)

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!