X Marks the Scot - An on-line community of kilt wearers.

X Marks Partners - (Go to the Partners Dedicated Forums )
USA Kilts website Celtic Croft website Celtic Corner website Houston Kiltmakers

Homespun Wool-Blend Kilts

Printable View

• 20th April 23, 06:18 PM
    oldscubaguy
    Homespun Wool-Blend Kilts
    Does anyone have any experience with Celtic Croft's Homespun Wool-Blend Kilts?
    https://kilts-n-stuff.com/shop/kilts...ol-blend-kilt/

Cheers,
    Kelly (Mclerran) Ferdman
  • 20th April 23, 10:26 PM
    figheadair
    Quote:

Originally Posted by oldscubaguy View Post
    Does anyone have any experience with Celtic Croft's Homespun Wool-Blend Kilts?
    https://kilts-n-stuff.com/shop/kilts...ol-blend-kilt/

Cheers,
    Kelly (Mclerran) Ferdman

I've no idea what a Homespun wool blend is but if this were selling in the UK I suspect they would fall foul of the Trades Description Act as the wool certainly won't be homespun as the name implies.
  • 22nd April 23, 06:58 PM
    Kitfoxdave
    Home spun
    Bought an arasaid for the missus Isle of Skye tartan, it is nice with occasional thicker threads and small bumps here and there. The missus loves it, but a bit warm down here in Florida....
    It is not as nice as 100% wool from House of Edgar or other weavers. You might want to get a swatch of a couple tartans to see if it meets your expectations. They were very freindly to work with.
  • 24th April 23, 09:15 AM
    oldscubaguy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitfoxdave View Post
    Bought an arasaid for the missus Isle of Skye tartan, it is nice with occasional thicker threads and small bumps here and there. The missus loves it, but a bit warm down here in Florida....
    It is not as nice as 100% wool from House of Edgar or other weavers. You might want to get a swatch of a couple tartans to see if it meets your expectations. They were very freindly to work with.

Thank You!
    I was thinking of a few for everyday use since I have taken to wearing kilts daily.
  • 28th April 23, 07:14 AM
    OC Richard
    Not kilts, but vintage catalogues offer jackets in "homespun".

Here the Anderson 1936 catalogue.

https://i.imgur.com/z9BdOge.jpg
  • 28th April 23, 11:20 AM
    MurrayInGA
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Kitfoxdave View Post

I just bought a couple yards to make a tartan 'flag' for our clans parade of tartans (at highland games). I'd echo this review exactly. Colors and appearance (at a distance) are just fine. It's marginally better than my first acrylic kilt but overall would not recommend it unless you can get a swatch.
  • 28th April 23, 11:47 AM
    Lorie Croft
    Swatches
    We do offer swatches of the homespun. I can send you one for free. Please send me an email with your address and swatch you would like. lorie@thecelticcroft.com

Best,
    Lorie Croft
  • 11th May 23, 06:24 PM
    oldscubaguy
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Lorie Croft View Post
    We do offer swatches of the homespun. I can send you one for free. Please send me an email with your address and swatch you would like. lorie@thecelticcroft.com

Best,
    Lorie Croft

No problem, received the kilt in the USN tartan, looks and feels great. will be a good fall/spring kilt.
  • 12th May 23, 04:10 PM
    oldscubaguy
    Fit is good, and the Poly/Wool blend is very comfortable and attractive.

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!